rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
People, along with myself, have reported that the VOD/DOD channels are now starting to show up on their HR20's along with the "For Engineering Only" line item showing up on the D* charges. Glad to see they finally got things going, now time to play:D

Hey rad, where are you seeing the "For Engineering Only" line item? I assume you are seeing it on directv.com, but what page?

Still not seeing it on mine (I dont have this CE) but I did do most of the rest and have been hooked up to the network for months now.

Hopefully I get it Friday Night. :D

mine showed up aug 14 and i know i had a software download yesterday morning.

i've never done a ce because i'm sleeping at the times they have the downloads. does this mean i have this? and, if so, what do i need to do? thanks.

i've never done a ce because i'm sleeping at the times they have the downloads. does this mean i have this? and, if so, what do i need to do? thanks.
instructions sent via pm
thanks brewer4 and earl

The 0190 version of code for HR20-700 is what you need inorder for VOD to be available on the box, then you need to do the backdoor code inorder to enable VOD on your box. Maybe they'll do another one this weekend, set your alarm. If you haven't connected the box to your internet do it now and make sure it passes the network tests which is the way that D* knows you're connected to the net which is a prerequist in order to get authorized for VOD.

DBSTalk appears to be down for awhile. They had too much traffic and their servers buckled. They have posted a message saying that they are trying to quickly move to a new server, but could be down for awhile. A victim of their own "success", I guess.

Good luck DBSTalk, and come back soon.

Would this be like the proverbial bus? ;)

Actually Earl has done a good job and has gotten a great deal of success because of his hard work.

If I had to guess, DBSTalks issue is that their host upgraded them to CPANEL 11 and it hosed their server. (I know this because the same happened to us a few months back)

When the problem happened to us people were complaining about slow speeds loading pages, we did not have it say the server is too busy like DBSTalk did (which is an automatic message that you can have pop up when your server load goes over a certain number)

It was not fun and took a lot of work to get it working again properly.

I do wish Chris and David well in getting it moved over ASAP. And if they need anything, even a temporary place to call home for a day or two we are here for them.

I may joke (and sometimes bitch) about them a lot but truth be told they are a satellite community and we are a satellite community, we should work together when there are issues.

I do wish them well.

DBSTalk appears to be down for awhile. They had too much traffic and their servers buckled. They have posted a message saying that they are trying to quickly move to a new server, but could be down for awhile. A victim of their own "success", I guess.

Good luck DBSTalk, and come back soon.

Would this be like the proverbial bus? ;)
Load has been building up over there for a few weeks now, and it looks like VOD is the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

I like many others do not have VOD. I have the code and it is enabled but do not have the authorization from D* as of yet. I am hoping to get it soon...

I like many others do not have VOD. I have the code and it is enabled but do not have the authorization from D* as of yet. I am hoping to get it soon...

At 4:45 PM Eastern I received an acquiring guide prompt on the screen. I now have a number of channels starting at 1000 VOD however, when I select one of them I get 1000 DTV is currently not available. Well at least I now have the channels and the engineering no charge is on my bill. I have no idea if I must wait for more to download or there is a problem with VOD.:(

At 4:45 PM Eastern I received an acquiring guide prompt on the screen. I now have a number of channels starting at 1000 VOD however, when I select one of them I get 1000 DTV is currently not available. Well at least I now have the channels and the engineering no charge is on my bill. I have no idea if I must wait for more to download or there is a problem with VOD.:(

Give it some time, things will eventually populate. But even then there are a number of DOD channels that show up in the guide but aren't active yet.

Still waiting here... It's bad for me because I work from home and this has become such a big distraction for me. Hope I get the hit soon so I can play a little and get focused back on what I "should" be doing :)

Looks like I have to correct My previous post.

I now have VOD working.....

YIPEE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)