Looks like D*'s fixing the VOD access problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
VOD working now!

Give it some time, things will eventually populate. But even then there are a number of DOD channels that show up in the guide but aren't active yet.

Thanks for your reply. My system populated quickly it was just that when I selected anything in the 1000's a prompt came up saying the channel was not available. A menu reboot and now I am recording the HD movie All the Kings Men!

All this and the display for the new 103 D10 satellite showing up on my system has made this beta tester very happy:)

I have VOD! Just got it. Still playing but it seems stable so far. Watched a few seconds of Bill Engvall on TBS on Demand. Quality was of a VHS recording. Downloading an HD program right now.

Last edited:
Ok, downloading "Desert City". So far it's just showing pictures of the Desert, but it's in HD and the quality is great!

Just checked my account and its there too. :)

For Engineering Only - Charge

It wasn't there this afternoon. Thanks Earl!

Great I got a unit since day 1, networked since available, every CE, latest 0x190 and NO For Engineering. Great. Thanks D*. Folks with -100 units and no latest CE have the charge but no go here. Jeeez.

It's been tough for me today. Working from home with the HR20 in my office makes for a huge distraction. Now that it is done, I will become 200% more productive.

Is this something I really want right now? Is there anything on VOD that I need to turn off my A2 to watch? If there is, I'll do it.

is the vod instant like cable or is it setup like the xbox 360?

Don't know abou the XBox 360, don't have one. It will start to download the program you requested right away. If your ISP connection is fairly fast, and the internet and their servers aren't the bottleneck, you can start watching the selection almost right away, but if you get to a point where you've caught up to the download it will pause the program until more of it is downloaded.

is the vod instant like cable or is it setup like the xbox 360?

Very similar to the Xbox 360. I really like the Xbox Live setup and find it has a lead to what I see from Directv. The only drawback on the Xbox is all is PPV and you are relegated to that small hard drive. It however, has more content and a ton of HD. Directv will get there. With more content and some polishing, Directv's offering will be hard to match.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)