Looks like Dish is not buying Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You mean like the various antennas we already need to accommodate the various bands currently in use?
5G will use microcell, so more antennas spread around neighborhoods. These stupid commercials of Verizon employees claiming that the city has 5G just means the one neighborhood they are standing in has 5G.

Reactions: krynn and HipKat
5G will use microcell, so more antennas spread around neighborhoods. These stupid commercials of Verizon employees claiming that the city has 5G just means the one neighborhood they are standing in has 5G.
I thought you were talking about the antennas we'll need, not what the cell companies need.

I thought you were talking about the antennas we'll need, not what the cell companies need.

You already have a bunch of antennas in your current LTE/3G cell phone, 5G just means a lot more antennas but this isn't anything new. The main difference is that urban 5G will sometimes use much higher frequencies that won't penetrate through walls, windows, trees, people etc. just like satellite doesn't (because it will be using some of the same frequencies)

I prefer the 50-100 mg that they offer in most cities they are in.

The old DSL service is just that ...
However it is still used in some instances, like for the Low Income people that could not have internet due to cost involved.

Its better to have some internet than No internet.

Btw, most of the low income plans give them 10 mg, which is plenty to surf, stream things that would be doing ....
Most of the country is rural area where DSL is the most common ISP. AT&T, Frontier, et al in the country is pathetic, at best
[automerge]1581802684[/automerge]
But why would I willingly switch to Dish if I have better options elsewhere.
You wouldn't., but not everyone has better options

When 3GPP says it's the standard, it's the standard. That's what a standards organization does. Nothing "so called" about it...

Maybe you should let the cell companies in on your secret because they are doing there own thing. Maybe they are down with OPP yea you know me.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Maybe you should let the cell companies in on your secret because they are doing there own thing. Maybe they are down with OPP yea you know me.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
If they each want to use their own standard, they certainly can. They did it with CDMA and GSM. The hardware vendors are probably all for it...

Most of the country is rural area where DSL is the most common ISP. AT&T, Frontier, et al in the country is pathetic, at best
[automerge]1581802684[/automerge]

You wouldn't., but not everyone has better options
Out in the middle of the country, what do you want them to offer ?
Why is it ATT is at fault, why not any other companies ?

In December, Dish Chairman Charlie Ergen said that the company secured commitments from banks to finance the wireless business. The company needs $5.0 billion to purchase the assets that T-Mobile and Sprint will divest. Dish needs an additional $10 billion to build its own nationwide 5G network. However, the company only has about $2.6 billion in cash reserve.

So far, the stock has gained about 4.0% year-to-date.

Dish wants to build a wireless network
Dish has accumulated spectrum that it hasn’t used, and regulators aren’t happy with that state of affairs. The FCC has given Dish until 2022 to start using the spectrum in its possession.
If Dish fails to meet its network buildout agreement with the FCC, then the regulator would fine it about $2.2 billion and could even take away its spectrum. Dish has estimated it will require about $10 billion to build a nationwide modern wireless network.
Dish has a $12.4 billion funding gap for its wireless business
If Dish has $2.6 billion following the completion of its rights offering, then the company’s wireless venture still has a $12.4 billion funding gap.
While testifying at the T-Mobile-Sprint merger trial, Dish chairman Ergen suggested that funding wouldn’t be a major problem. Ergen told the court that three banks have lined up to give Dish a $10 billion loan to build its wireless network. Additionally, Ergen said Dish could obtain a $1.0 billion loan from JPMorgan Chase (JPM) with the help of SoftBank (SFTBY).
Dish’s desire to enter the wireless market is largely a response to a shrinking pay-TV market. The company’s finances have been deteriorating recently as it continues to lose satellite television subscribers.

DISH
$39.97
-0.21 (-0.52%)

Struggling to keep up with the markets? We can help!
LEARN MORE

I thought dish had more than 2.5 billion.

Charlie would be better off buying a professional sports team or 2 before investing in wireless.

This is going to eventually break the company in a few years. Mark my words

I thought dish had more than 2.5 billion.

Charlie would be better off buying a professional sports team or 2 before investing in wireless.

This is going to eventually break the company in a few years. Mark my words

THINK BACK,.... how did Charlie start Dish up, first, he had Houston tracker systems, then it became Echosphere Corporation, then he created Dish with junk bonds he did it once, just saying what happened is history kid, and I lived it

He did have more, guess it's like my dish stock gone

Reactions: ewindowman
The carriers are going to implement it differently. If it were so easy we would not need different sets of antennas for each company. This buildout will be a lot slower than 4g was.
by the time they get 5G fully rolled out they will be screaming for 6G!!! wich there working on now!!!

ive been hyappy with verizons 5G dervice. when i signed up for it they waived the 10.00 a month charge

1.jpg

THINK BACK,.... how did Charlie start Dish up, first, he had Houston tracker systems, then it became Echosphere Corporation, then he created Dish with junk bonds he did it once, just saying what happened is history kid, and I lived it

He did have more, guess it's like my dish stock gone

Charlie built the company selling C-band systems that where worth their weight in gold because they could be hacked.

Yet when Nagravision was hacked and everyone was pirating dish network programming, Charlie didn’t like that very much.

Totally different game today than it was back then. Nobody is going to want a Dish cell phone.

If Charlie is as smart as I think he is, there is going to be no 5G Network. He is just using this as an extension so he doesn’t use his licenses until he finds a buyer for the spectrum and Possibly Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)