LOOKS LIKE RTPI IS DOWN new receiver needed?

You can also add to the above list the AzBox miniMe American Edition which works very well in receiving RTP Internacional on Intelsat 805.

Also, the now discontinued AzBox Elite, Premium, Ultra and Premium HD Plus models will also work fine on the new RTPi transponder.

Any other discontinued models and/or companies to advise people about? I'd hate to think that someone was pwn off obsolete stock from a company Hugo abandoned years ago and pretending to be a real NA supplier to move that last case.

Nevermind I'll just contact "drsat" for an answer since for sure no matter what the facts are you are not related.

I am sure if your offer was "legit" you would tell everyone how hugp ran and the china nameholder went under, riight?

Any other discontinued models and/or companies to advise people about? I'd hate to think that someone was pwn off obsolete stock from a company Hugo abandoned years ago and pretending to be a real NA supplier to move that last case.

Nevermind I'll just contact "drsat" for an answer since for sure no matter what the facts are you are not related.

I am sure if your offer was "legit" you would tell everyone how hugp ran and the china nameholder went under, riight?

Not sure why i'm wasting time replying to an off topic post but will do it as it was directed towards me.

First of all, Hugo did not abandon AzBox. However, OpenSat was forced to sell the AzBox brand due to extenuating circumstances with a certain European distributor who shall remain nameless. I won't go in more detail as the matter is still being dealt with legally.

The current owner of the AzBox brand is now HTCE Limited which is a holding company based out of Hong Kong owned by a few different companies, one of them a large consumer electronics manufacturer.

We are not certainly not desperate to "move that last case" as we would have pulled out of the market at the beginning of this year when we completely ran out of stock! Not sure if you noticed but none of our authorised dealers had *any* miniMe American Edition units in stock from sometime in March 2014 until mid June 2014 once our new batch of units arrived.

Sorry to say but AzBox is in for the long haul so hopefully you can respect us as a competitor. This is a good thing for the NA true FTA market as it forces both of us to improve and innovate our products in order to remain competitive, benefiting the true FTA consumer.

As an analogy, do you honestly think that Chevy would make so much effort to improve their trucks if Ford and Dodge were not in the truck market as well?

I've said it before and I’ll say it again... May the best truck win!

photo (1).JPG
photo (3).JPG
photo (5).JPG
photo.JPG
synoq_sr1-150.png
I did this morning he has this one, and it does work on RTPI

synoq_sr1-150.png
PictureRemoteSpecsTop
Don't let the small form factor fool you. This is one powerful receiver. This receiver comes with a external remote eye so the receiver can be placed out of site.

Ethernet and WIFI Embedded allows you to connect to the internet easily. MPEG4/H.264 HP@L4.1 HDTV 1080P and USB for Multimedia Player, PVR.

Features
  • Fully DVB-S2/MPEG-4 H.264/AVC Compliant
  • Transportation Stream Recording Supported
  • Multi-language OSD
  • USB for Multimedia Player (MP3,MP4,OGG,MKV,JPEG,BMP)
  • Games Supported
  • FTA/CAS(1 CA Slot)
  • Auto DiSEqC1.0 and DiSEqC1.1/1.2/USALS Supported
  • 6000 TV&Radio Channels Supported
  • 7 Days EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
  • Auto Search,Blind Search,Manual Search,NIT Search,TP Search and Multi-Satellite Search Supported
  • Easy-going Program Editors,Teletext and Subtitle Supported
  • PVR Timeshift and Playback supported
  • Software Upgrade and Backup via OTA,FTP/HTTP and USB
  • Data exchange (Backup and Restore) with external USB storage
This unit was so easy to hook up, I gave it first to my Portuguese buddy he picked it up, and his 14 old son had it running in 10 minutes never even opened the book, my installer will see it tomorrow here some pics he took with his IPhone

Im hoping someone can help me out.
I too am in a similar situation with my parents. They had RTPi on Intelsat805 and then the frequency changed. I ordered a receiver off of ebay ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-HD-DVB-S...llite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3ce3a9cb41&_uhb=1) and when I did a blind scan RTP didnt show up and when I entered the transponder number (4101 H, 2320) nothing came up. I contacted the seller to ask if the receiver was QPSK compatible and he said it was. Is there a step that I'm missing?

when I did a blind scan RTP didnt show up and when I entered the transponder number (4101 H, 2320) nothing came up.

Maybe the receiver is not capable of receiving 8/9 FEC? Dish slightly out of alignment?

What channel names scanned in during the blind scan?

Wow! at least you got a reply! Cheap crap, direct from a Chinese factory and zero support. They wont have a clue why their product wont work to receive this channel. :(

Maybe the receiver is not capable of receiving 8/9 FEC? Dish slightly out of alignment?

What channel names scanned in during the blind scan?

Wow! at least you got a reply! Cheap crap, direct from a Chinese factory and zero support. They wont have a clue why their product wont work to receive this channel. :(
I get about 30 channels, most of them spanish and brazillian portuguese. a channel named latina, globo, global, directv sports, just to name a few. I didnt move the dish at all so it shouldnt be out of alignment.

I get about 30 channels, most of them spanish and brazillian portuguese. a channel named latina, globo, global, directv sports, just to name a few. I didnt move the dish at all so it shouldnt be out of alignment.
and I found a link on alibaba for the same receiver and it said it did support FEC 8/9.

Ok, you may be on the correct satellite, but Globo and Global channels are on horizontal transponders and RTP is on a vertical transponder.

By chance, is this an old satellite dish with a feedhorn and mechanical servo motor that controls the polarity? Is there an old analog satellite receiver that positions the dish and selects the polarity? If so, sounds like the old analog receiver is selecting the wrong polarity. Is the analog receiver set on the same odd or even channel that it needs to be on for RTP to work?

BTW.. you could replace the old feedhorn/mechanical servo with a new LNBF that is controlled by the new DVBS2 receiver. Check out C-band LNBFs like the C1-PLL. Your dad could get more channels off this satellite without having to deal with the analog receiver manually selecting the right polarity.

Ok, you may be on the correct satellite, but Globo and Global channels are on horizontal transponders and RTP is on a vertical transponder.

By chance, is this an old satellite dish with a feedhorn and mechanical servo motor that controls the polarity? Is there an old analog satellite receiver that positions the dish and selects the polarity? If so, sounds like the old analog receiver is selecting the wrong polarity. Is the analog receiver set on the same odd or even channel that it needs to be on for RTP to work?

BTW.. you could replace the old feedhorn/mechanical servo with a new LNBF that is controlled by the new DVBS2 receiver. Check out C-band LNBFs like the C1-PLL. Your dad could get more channels off this satellite without having to deal with the analog receiver manually selecting the right polarity.
Well thats the thing, I never touched the dish, he still does have the old analogue receiver, but I only plug it in to move the dish, other than that, i unplug it. it should be the same as it was when rtp stopped working. I was sure that i was always able to get both horizontal and vertical transponders without the old analogue receiver.

Was the feedhorn already upgraded to a LNBF? Take a photo of the dish electronics and post if you are not sure. It sounds light it may have been upgraded or special switching if you turn off the analog receiver when not moving the dish.

Follow the coax cable(s) down from the dish. Go straight into the analog receiver? Loop out of the analog? Go through splitters? Go directly to the new receiver? take photos if you see something you have a question about.

The dish may need a slight bump East / West / Up / Down or the LNBF skew (rotation) may need a slight rotation) since the new transponder requires much higher Signal QUALITY reading to lock and reliably receive RTP.

The RTP signal on INT 805 is MPEG-4-DVD-S2 Stander Defection. Any receiver that doses MPEG-4 will work on the channel, Some times it takes longer to lock the signal because of the low SR and the FEC - 8/9

4101 V 2320
Transmission - DVD-S2
FEC - 8/9
Modulation - QPSK
Pilot - ON
NIT - OFF

RTP on INT 805 with a MPEG-4-DVD-S2 Stander Defection receiver..

Attachments

• rtp 102.jpg
    rtp 102.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 147
  • rtp 098.jpg
    rtp 098.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 117
  • rtp 087.jpg
    rtp 087.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 156
  • rtp 100.jpg
    rtp 100.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 135
Don't forget that RTPI did not change polarity and is still on Vertical so if it was working before, polarity is not the issue. Furthermore, he's receiving Brazilian channels which are pretty much all on Vertical polarization.

My guess is that it is a dish alignment issue. As the signal is now DVB-S2 with a FEC 8/9, a dish that was receiving a marginal signal on RTPi before may not be receiving sufficient signal to detect the channel as DVB-S2 needs a bit more signal to lock.

Since he's getting some channels, the best thing to do is have somebody push on the dish outside without unloosening the bolts while somebody else monitors signal quality on a receivable channel.

If pushing the dish either left, right up or down improves the signal then realigning the dish towards that direction to maximize signal would be the solution. Of course if the dish has an actuator, you would first try moving the dish east or west instead of physically realigning it outside.

Was the feedhorn already upgraded to a LNBF? Take a photo of the dish electronics and post if you are not sure. It sounds light it may have been upgraded or special switching if you turn off the analog receiver when not moving the dish.

Follow the coax cable(s) down from the dish. Go straight into the analog receiver? Loop out of the analog? Go through splitters? Go directly to the new receiver? take photos if you see something you have a question about.

The dish may need a slight bump East / West / Up / Down or the LNBF skew (rotation) may need a slight rotation) since the new transponder requires much higher Signal QUALITY reading to lock and reliably receive RTP.
I wont be at my parents until tomorrow, but I will take pictures when I get there. The only wiring that goes to the analogue receiver is what moves the actuator arm, the coax from the lnb always went directly to the FTA box. I did enter the new transponder and slightly moved the dish back and forth hoping that the signal meter would rise but it never did. I may have to move the dish and rescan several times to see if anything comes up.

Is there a small blue colored box on the back of the feedhorn assembly with three small wires coming into the house and connected to the analog receiver?

Looking forward to seeing the feedhorn photo or description.

Try peaking the Signal QUALITY reading on the weakest channel that you had scanned then do another blind scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)