LOOKS LIKE RTPI IS DOWN new receiver needed?

Is there a small blue colored box on the back of the feedhorn assembly with three small wires coming into the house and connected to the analog receiver?

Looking forward to seeing the feedhorn photo or description.

Try peaking the Signal QUALITY reading on the weakest channel that you had scanned then do another blind scan.
No there are no wires from the lnb other than the coax.

Photos of the feedhorn will tell us what you have installed. Any model or branding information would be helpful.

Might also try connecting up the old receiver, placing on the old RTP channel and looping out to the new receiver. See if the new transponder comes in. Many trouble shooting tip we can try.

RTP on INT 805 with a MPEG-4-DVD-S2 Stander Defection receiver..
I'm going to have to take a picture of the menu options and upload them because when I do a transponder search, I dont have the option of changing the modulation, FEC, Pilot, etc.

Photos of the feedhorn will tell us what you have installed. Any model or branding information would be helpful.

Might also try connecting up the old receiver, placing on the old RTP channel and looping out to the new receiver. See if the new transponder comes in. Many trouble shooting tip we can try.
thats funny that you mention looping out to the new receiver because a couple of months ago, my parents stopped receiving rtp, (they had a black coolsat 6000) so to trouble shoot, I brought over a spare silver coolsat 6000 that I had at home. I could never get the channel to work on the black box, but when I connected my silver box, it worked fine. The only way I could get their black box to work again was if I looped out of the silver into the black box, then the black box would work. of course for simplicity and aesthetic appeal, I gave them my silver box and kept the black. Strange huh?

Ok. I figured things out. I dont know if its common but i've only ever noticed the transponder numbers to be off by a couple of numbers but I noticed a trend of 6-8 numbers difference when I looked at the channels I scanned in vs what lyngsat.com said the transponder numbers were. Long story short when I entered transponder # 4094, S/R 2319, and BAM! signal. Thanks very much for everyones help. I really appreciate it.

Great that you got it going! The incorrect frequency means the LNBF is drifting as it ages and likely will fail soon. If the signal disappears during the heat of the day or the cold winter, time to replace. Receivers usually can automatically track the frequency drift +/-3MHz.

What doesn't make sense about this exchange is that the channels didn't blind scan in as that type of scan does not use preprogrammed frequencies. Maybe the RTP signal was low when you blind scanned, so it didn't find the transponder?

Great that you got it going! The incorrect frequency means the LNBF is drifting as it ages and likely will fail soon. If the signal disappears during the heat of the day or the cold winter, time to replace. Receivers usually can automatically track the frequency drift +/-3MHz.

What doesn't make sense about this exchange is that the channels didn't blind scan in as that type of scan does not use preprogrammed frequencies. Maybe the RTP signal was low when you blind scanned, so it didn't find the transponder?
Yeah im not too sure. I know that 55% is the peak i've always been able to get with this channel. Even setting up KU dishes for people who want rtp, I always have to enter the transponder automatically because it never shows up during a blind scan.

Is there a small blue colored box on the back of the feedhorn assembly with three small wires coming into the house and connected to the analog receiver?

Looking forward to seeing the feedhorn photo or description.

Try peaking the Signal QUALITY reading on the weakest channel that you had scanned then do another blind scan.
And you can just take the blue box polarity motor off and move it by hand and glue it with some bubble gum move a very small amount at a time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)