Looks like they came down on the price of HBO with the addition of HBOmax

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown

HBO+HBO Max

HBO Max. All of HBO together with the greatest collection of movies, shows and new Max Originals. Includes HBO channels and HBO on Demand. Access HBO Max only through HBO Max app or hbomax.com. HBO Max also includes HBO channels and HBO On Demand on DIRECTV.
$14.99 per month
I will probably sub at that price. 17.99 was a ripoff.

Reactions: whitewolf8214

HBO+HBO Max

HBO Max. All of HBO together with the greatest collection of movies, shows and new Max Originals. Includes HBO channels and HBO on Demand. Access HBO Max only through HBO Max app or hbomax.com. HBO Max also includes HBO channels and HBO On Demand on DIRECTV.
$14.99 per month
I will probably sub at that price. 17.99 was a ripoff.
HBO MAX at 17.99 would be a rip off, but at 14.99 its fine ?

Is there a listing of available titles that can be viewed before signing up?

I'm sure if you do a search for it you will find something.
Yep, still digging. Found bits and pieces here and there, original content lists, references to Criterion Collection, though no definitive list, etc.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had already stumbled on an exhaustive list, instead of just snark.

I know that the Criterion Collection is supposedly in the service, but they don’t have it as an identified collection. Or if they do, I sure couldn’t find it.

Found this that wasn't there when I searched yesterday. Still doesn't specify whether the TV shows listed are the complete series or just a subset of episodes.

From most of you guys,, this is typical ...

IF Hbo Max was the best thing since Sliced Bread (don't remember why Sliced bread was so special) ...
Most of you wouldn't like it, because it came from att ...

Its been here for 2 days and thats it, don't like it, it must be garbage ...
It will get worse, never better.

Talk about people having a pre concieved opinion.

Reactions: syphix

IF Hbo Max was the best thing since Sliced Bread (don't remember why Sliced bread was so special) ...

I think it will get better someday, once they have time to insert more original programs. They also need to move more DC content from DC universe. For right now it's mostly just HBO Now plus small samples from other ATT owned services. I still like it even though I gripe. It's still worth the money since it also includes the HBO channels from Directv.
I looking forward to all the South Park seasons they're supposed to add later in June.

Reactions: whitewolf8214

What has AT&T ever done warrant not thinking that way?

Is it too much to expect that one of the largest companies in the country get something right? The service was publicly announced nearly a year ago, and has probably been in the works behind the scenes for much longer. Much smaller companies have done more with less.

They are a terrible company all around. Their cellular network blows, they had to stop selling the iPhone 3G for a period of time after it came out in NYC because their network couldn’t support it, they played marketing tricks with HSPA+ and LTE-A (aka '5Ge'), U-Verse seems like a total joke on both the TV and internet front, they destroyed DirecTV, they have umpteen different streaming video services that make it extremely confusing and the vertical integration with Time Warner Inc should have never been allowed. Based on past history, AT&T deserves zero benefit of the doubt and they are a dangerously large company that should be broken up…again…

The best thing about AT&T is they can be credited with turning T-Mobile around. That $4 billion dollars was a nice jump start for the Uncarrier.

I think it will get better someday, once they have time to insert more original programs.

The majority of their new original programming had to stop production due to the virus, so it might be a while till those shows are on.

They also need to move more DC content from DC universe.

Agreed, I don’t believe DC has that many subs and would be better as a sub channel of HBO MAX, which I thought was the plan.

On the other hand, HBO needs to have them in 4K, I subscribe to DC once a year to get caught up, usually after Titans is done for the season, their shows are some of the best looking shows in 4K that I have seen.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

What has AT&T ever done warrant not thinking that way?

Is it too much to expect that one of the largest companies in the country get something right? The service was publicly announced nearly a year ago, and has probably been in the works behind the scenes for much longer. Much smaller companies have done more with less.

They are a terrible company all around. Their cellular network blows, they had to stop selling the iPhone 3G for a period of time after it came out in NYC because their network couldn’t support it, they played marketing tricks with HSPA+ and LTE-A (aka '5Ge'), U-Verse seems like a total joke on both the TV and internet front, they destroyed DirecTV, they have umpteen different streaming video services that make it extremely confusing and the vertical integration with Time Warner Inc should have never been allowed. Based on past history, AT&T deserves zero benefit of the doubt and they are a dangerously large company that should be broken up…again…

The best thing about AT&T is they can be credited with turning T-Mobile around. That $4 billion dollars was a nice jump start for the Uncarrier.
Sooooooooo ....
Tell us what is wrong with the HBOMAX ...
Your exactly who I was talking about ....
You BITCH about everything else they've done ....
That automatically means the new service is crap.

The service hasn't even been up and running for 48 hours and you've already buried it.

What did YOU want from this service that would have been to your STANDARDS ?

Btw, I haven't made my opinion of the service as I haven't had enough time to really look it over ...

I'm just tired of the old tried and true response, its So and So company, so it must be crap.

You don't have to sign up for it if you don't like it, its your CHOICE ....

Don't rip it if youv'e never used it.

Reactions: MikeI and robjlevin
I get HBO and Cinemax through my Spectrum app. With that subscription I can access HBO Max. I just hope since they have the "Teen Titans: episodes I hope they also add "The Lost Episode" of "Teen Titans" as well as the TV movie "Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo". Heck while they're at it, why not also add the TV movie "Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans"! So that way you can see all the airings of the original Teen Titans show on TV. They already had "Teen Titans Go! to the Movies" even before HBO Max was announced which has a cameo of the original Teen Titans during the end credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)