Loop Out, Diseqc, and that Invacom Quad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
Ok, say I am on Daystar, I assume the loop out will pass the V side from that Diseqc port on the L side of the LNB? So how that works is the 2nd reciever can get the same satellite (same port, same pol.) but a different channel through the loop out?

Is there another way to add a reciever without having a complete duplicate setup or is another coax to the pole with another switch etc the only way to go?

Also, what recievers out there will control a 12v switch via the remote control? I enjoy hooking up as many switches etc. and seeing how they work, this will be my next toy. Do those in line amps work good, or do they end up overmodulating the signal?

In other news, I go pick up my Andrew .90 tomorrow. YAY! ;)

Last edited:
SatAdam said:
Ok, say I am on Daystar, I assume the loop out will pass the V side from that Diseqc port on the L side of the LNB? So how that works is the 2nd reciever can get the same satellite (same port, same pol.) but a different channel through the loop out?
Yes and Yes, but also the same channel.

SatAdam said:
Is there another way to add a reciever without having a complete duplicate setup or is another coax to the pole with another switch etc the only way to go?
It's the best way to go (my opinion), this way it won't be slaved and you can watch any channel/polarity on both receivers, but on the same satellite.

SatAdam said:
Also, what recievers out there will control a 12v switch via the remote control? I enjoy hooking up as many switches etc. and seeing how they work, this will be my next toy. Do those in line amps work good, or do they end up overmodulating the signal?
Sorry, this I can't answer. Maybe someone else will.

Al

SatAdam said:

What comes out of the loop out is the same as is coming in to the receiver. With a receiver hooked up to loop out (at least on Lifetime Classic NA and DVBWorld) you're limited to the same sat and same polarity. You can look at any channel/transponder with the same polarity on the same satellite. Currently I'm watching KTWO (G10R 12103 V) on the Fortec and Pentagon (G10R 12034 V) on the DVBWorld hooked up to the Fortec's loop out.

for G10, since all the good stuff is on V anyways, I might just use the the loop out for now.

I think my next reciever needs a 12v output for a switch and I'll throw my cheapo in the other room getting fed by the loop out.

You are not limited to the same channel on the loop out. Just the satellite/polarity

It works awesome for G10 because most of the stuff is on V polarity :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts