loosing 70's locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

veener88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
I just received a letter from D* that since I have chicago locals I am going to lose the locals that I have in the 70's for NY. I am just wondering are they cutting out the 70's for everyone or just the people who have upgraded.

As I read it a long while back that as a subscriber's DMA comes online for HD LIL, the HD DNS will be removed.

I am just wondering if they are cutting them to all D* veiws or just us that have upgraded.

veener88 said:
I am just wondering if they are cutting them to all D* veiws or just us that have upgraded.

I am almost sure it will be: no users in the DMA will be able to keep or order once the HD LIL is online.

I was faced with the same issue. I live within the Washington, DC DMA and receive the HD signal via the NY locals. I called our friends at Directv and pressed them for answers regarding my possible loss of NY HD signals. I was transfered to several different people and was finally told that if I upgraded to the new MPEG 4 and received the DC HD locals, I would loose the NY HD feeds. I did not upgrade due to the many rumors regarding Directv plans. I still have the NY HD channels. I lost the west coast HD feeds during the earlier HD fiasco.

Captain TV said:
I was faced with the same issue. I live within the Washington, DC DMA and receive the HD signal via the NY locals. I called our friends at Directv and pressed them for answers regarding my possible loss of NY HD signals. I was transfered to several different people and was finally told that if I upgraded to the new MPEG 4 and received the DC HD locals, I would loose the NY HD feeds. I did not upgrade due to the many rumors regarding Directv plans. I still have the NY HD channels. I lost the west coast HD feeds during the earlier HD fiasco.

I am confused as to why they were pressed to answer, as I have read it, its part of the SHVERA/SHVIA ACT and out of their control, they MUST enforce the rules.

Also MORE HERE

Last edited:
As I understand those channels will stay up until LA and NY upgrade, although as you (other cities) upgrade to your locals you will lose them.

I can't believe they would take them until they had an MPEG-4 HD-DVR available.

Talk about pissing off customers.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)