Loosing NY HD feeds next month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well to this day, (surprisingly) I'm STILL getting the NY HD feeds, on BOTH my HD Tivo & HR20 boxes. This was due to being in an O&O market & getting a legacy HD receiver(s). I haven't received a phone call about this yet, but since this is just DNS HD feeds only, maybe they're just going to cut 'em off & I'll just be surprised.

I would like to say I feel sorrow for those of you losing your second set of HD network feeds via satellite. I don't.

Many of us get no HD LIL or HD DNS via satellite. Complaining about the loss of the second market of HD when so many don't have the first may fall on deaf ears.

I received the call also. I'm somewhat surprised since some of the NY locals are considered "significantly viewed" in my area. Do the HD feeds not qualify under the "significantly viewed" rules?

I received the call also. I'm somewhat surprised since some of the NY locals are considered "significantly viewed" in my area. Do the HD feeds not qualify under the "significantly viewed" rules?

No, otherwise you would be getting WCBS and WNYW in hd.

Just so I'm clear. I have the ny hd locals, I got the waivers and I have a mpeg 4 receiver. Does this mean that I will lose the channels as well. I haven't got any call. Also, will the channels be moved to another number or will they just be gone. Thanks

No, otherwise you would be getting WCBS and WNYW in hd.

Right now I am. I emailed D* a year ago about getting a waiver and they activated ABC, CBS, and FOX HD NY feeds (as you are aware NBC HD was already available in this area). It is strange that we can receive some of the NY feeds in SD under significantly viewed rules but not the HD feeds. Since LIN finally came to agreement with D*, loosing the NY HD feeds is not as painful. Still, there are some times when I like to watch programs that are only on the NY stations.

Right now I am. I emailed D* a year ago about getting a waiver and they activated ABC, CBS, and FOX HD NY feeds (as you are aware NBC HD was already available in this area). It is strange that we can receive some of the NY feeds in SD under significantly viewed rules but not the HD feeds. Since LIN finally came to agreement with D*, loosing the NY HD feeds is not as painful. Still, there are some times when I like to watch programs that are only on the NY stations.

Good for you for getting them, but you are about the only one I know of to get them through a waiver. Maybe you will get to keep them because of that.

Good for you for getting them, but you are about the only one I know of to get them through a waiver. Maybe you will get to keep them because of that.

I'm not sure if I was actually granted a waiver or someone at D* just decided to turn them on for me. Unfortunately, since I received the call I am assuming that I'll loose the feeds. Like a previous poster stated, it sounds like D* is reviewing accounts receiving national HD feeds and if they don't qualify or have avalid waiver, they are turning them off so they don't get taken to court by the feds. If that's the case, then I'm thankful for the time I had them.

i have not got the call yet.. I get both sd and hd distants via a waiver from all four local networks.. I'm leaving the area in a couple of months so not a big deal to me anyway..

Directv finally turned off my east coast HD feeds this morning. I still have the sd channels. Funny how the "leader in HD" keeps taking away my HD channels. First I loose the west coast HD feeds, then they take some of the original HD channels away and want to charge $5, now my east coast HD feeds are gone. The leader is HD channels. Ha HA! Sorry about the venting.

Directv finally turned off my east coast HD feeds this morning. I still have the sd channels. Funny how the "leader in HD" keeps taking away my HD channels. First I loose the west coast HD feeds, then they take some of the original HD channels away and want to charge $5, now my east coast HD feeds are gone. The leader is HD channels. Ha HA! Sorry about the venting.
Why were you getting both to begin with? You were getting something you were not supposed to be getting and you still want to complain?

No sir, I have done nothing illegal. I have been a customer since the Directv/USSB days. I received the east and west coast network feeds as part of my programming. There were no individual local markets available. When locals were added, mine are the DC locals, I received them for the extra charge. I was grandfathered in on the east and west coast feeds. I am charged $9.00 for the east and west coast SD feeds. I upgraded to HD when it became available and received the NY/LA feeds in HD at no extra cost. The DC HD locals in MPEG4 but are not as dependable as the MPEG2 feeds in the 80s. I live about 125 miles west of DC and can receive no local signals with a standard antenna.
I'm sure SHEVRA has probably help mess up the situation.

No sir, I have done nothing illegal. I have been a customer since the Directv/USSB days. I received the east and west coast network feeds as part of my programming. There were no individual local markets available. When locals were added, mine are the DC locals, I received them for the extra charge. I was grandfathered in on the east and west coast feeds. I am charged $9.00 for the east and west coast SD feeds. I upgraded to HD when it became available and received the NY/LA feeds in HD at no extra cost. The DC HD locals in MPEG4 but are not as dependable as the MPEG2 feeds in the 80s. I live about 125 miles west of DC and can receive no local signals with a standard antenna.
I'm sure SHEVRA has probably help mess up the situation.
Never said you did do anything illegal...

Heck, I am currently getting ESPNU and NBA TV even though I am not supposed to with my particular package. When they take it away I am not going to complain, I would just realize I was fortunate to get something I wasn't supposed to be getting.

All I am saying is that subs who qualify for DNS are only supposed to get one feed only, depending on where they live. You were fortunate to get both and are still fortunate to get both in SD. This is nothing to complain about; that is all I am saying.

I'm wondering what were the criteria for those that received the phone call and subsequently lost the NY HD feeds?

I applied for and received the LA and NY feeds for CBS and FOX when locals were not offered in the Richmond, VA area (SD nor HD). When the SD locals were offered. Like an idiot I called and had D* remove the LA feeds. I didn't think I needed to watch programming 3 hours later. What I didn't think of was that as a Charger fan, they broadcast those games in the LA market, so I could have watched all the Charger games as opposed to buying the ticket, but I digress.

Since D* is scheduled to roll out the Richmond area HD locals next month, I wonder if I will be losing my NY feed.

I got the call in July, but I shouldn't have. I fulfill three key requirements under SHVERA and am legally eligible to continue my HD DNS feeds along with my HD LILs. Last Saturday all the HD DNS feeds were shut off. After much legwork on my part and armed with information from SHVERA, the FCC, and my congressman, I contacted DirecTV. Yesterday a gentleman from DirecTV--not a typical CSR, either--called me to discuss my situation. He reactivated all my HD DNS channels and told me they should stick, but if by chance they're terminated later, I am to write to a specific corporate address he gave me, one not typical of customer service contact addresses, either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)