Los Angeles City Council Approves Financing For $1.2 Billion NFL Stadium

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Getting football back to Los Angeles took another big step on Tuesday when the Los Angeles City Council approved a financing deal to get a new stadium downtown. Per multiple reports, the city council voted 12-0 in favor of the downtown stadium so, at least among those 12 city council members, there's support for this.

It's not the last step to getting football back in Los Angeles. You need...a team. Indeed, there is no clear plan on how the NFL would bring football back, and which team would be the one moving there. There are some candidates that are more likely than others but we're not really sure where each team stands on that list, though.

The stadium is five years down the line but Tuesday's vote helps keep the project on track. AEG has a location (downtown L.A), they've got the naming rights to the stadium (Farmers Field) and they've got the financing approved, the next step if actually building the stadium and finding a team to play there. That last part is what has some NFL fan bases nervous. There is some competition in this regard as a group backing a stadium in the City of Industry says it has a viable plan as well.

Wonder which team will move? I say Jacksonville. Hope they leave Buffalo alone.

L.A. City Council Approves Financing Plan For Downtown NFL Stadium - SBNation.com

I think will. The question will be, WHO will be playing there. Will it be the LA Raiders or the LA Chargers? What I am curious about is isn't the state of California like seriously broke?

I think will. The question will be, WHO will be playing there. Will it be the LA Raiders or the LA Chargers? What I am curious about is isn't the state of California like seriously broke?

Yes, Cali is broke, but I'm guessing they're thinking a new team will bring in more revenue.

The four teams I keep hearing that are on the chopping block are: The Jags, the Bills, the Chargers and the Vikings.

I have my doubts about it working. Because of NFL Sunday Ticket many have moved on to other teams and they might not show up to suppport the local team . You're asking fans to support a new team . If I was asked to invest in the team I would pass. This should have been voted on by the people because they will be the ones that show up.

Yes, Cali is broke, but I'm guessing they're thinking a new team will bring in more revenue.

The four teams I keep hearing that are on the chopping block are: The Jags, the Bills, the Chargers and the Vikings.

IF anything, I think the Bills move to Toronto. The Jags are a possibility. I didn't know the Vikings were an issue too. And like I said, Al Davis is trying to get a new stadium in Oakland and there has even been talk about sharing it with the 49ers(like the Jets and the Giants do).

I suppose there is always the chance that the Canadian Government will try to discourage a move of an NFL team to Canada----if only to protect the CFL. I am not predicting that---and no I do not have a link----it is just a possibility.

IMO Jacksonville and the Chargers are more likely.

take the jags and bills out of that list. there's an explanation on espn why it won't be those teams. i'd put my money on the chargers. this la experiment will fail again. i don't know why the nfl keeps trying to make a team in la work. i like where the raiders are. oakland raiders sounds right to me.

IF anything, I think the Bills move to Toronto. The Jags are a possibility. I didn't know the Vikings were an issue too. And like I said, Al Davis is trying to get a new stadium in Oakland and there has even been talk about sharing it with the 49ers(like the Jets and the Giants do).

The Vikings are an issue because the NFL has been pushing them into building a new stadium, but the owner/tax payers don't want to.

rey_1178 said:
take the jags and bills out of that list. there's an explanation on espn why it won't be those teams. i'd put my money on the chargers. this la experiment will fail again. i don't know why the nfl keeps trying to make a team in la work. i like where the raiders are. oakland raiders sounds right to me.

I agree, LA decides they want a team every decade, they get one, be it from Oakland or anywhere else and after several years, they leave from lack of support.... and the ST fans complain as they use to get ALL the games, now some are blacked out.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

From what I've heard,the ONLY sports team that Toronto will support is the Toronto Maple Leafs(even the Blue jays & Raptors are struggling for support). Toronto doesn't support the Argos,& I don't think they'd support the Bills either. Putting an NFL team in Toronto is like putting an NHL team in Atlanta.

Is that the one in Industry?
Yep. About 6 miles from my house by road and about 3 to 4 miles as a crow flies. Traffic would be hell, and it will not be near LA, but it would be closer to the IE and OC, and it would have a much better view. Playing football and viewing the snow covered San Gabriel Mountains along with the rolling green Walnut and Oak covered hills

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 152
From what I've heard,the ONLY sports team that Toronto will support is the Toronto Maple Leafs(even the Blue jays & Raptors are struggling for support). Toronto doesn't support the Argos,& I don't think they'd support the Bills either. Putting an NFL team in Toronto is like putting an NHL team in Atlanta.

They support their MLS Soccer team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)