Los Angeles City Council Approves Financing For $1.2 Billion NFL Stadium

This might sound really really stupid but if the NFL gets an LA team, why cant they play at either the Rose Bowl or the LA Coliseum for now until they build a new stadium. I mean if they dont have a team because they cant build a new stadium, problem solved.

I mean didnt the Titans play in a college football stadium until they got there new stadium? Same goes for the Seahawks. Didnt they play at Husky Stadium until they started playing at Quest Field?

The NFL wants brand new stadiums.That's why the NFL would rather play a Super Bowl in cold,probably snowy MetLife Stadium in New Jersey than in sunny San Diego because of their "very outdated" stadium. The NFL doesn't want to have any more Super Bowls in Miami because "it rains there." What a bunch of morons. They want all of their stadiums to be multi-million/billion dollar retractable roof palaces,& they want all of us to pay for it through higher taxes. Look up how cheaply Vancouver put up a temporary stadium while BC Place was getting refurbished & having their roof replaced. This(Vancouver's Empire field) is an abomination to the NFL,& not just because it only seats 25,000 to 30,000 people,but because it cost only $14.4 million to build. That's MILLION,not BILLION.When BC Place is ready,they'll tear it(Empire Field) down & save the pieces for the next time & place it's needed. That's fiscal responsibility(& easily expandable to the NFL's 50,000 seat minimum),something the NFL is unaware of. The NFL will have very limited choices of where they can host the Super Bowl if they limit it to retractable roof stadiums,the Super Dome,& MetLife Stadium.

Last edited:
The NFL wants brand new stadiums.That's why the NFL would rather play a Super Bowl in cold,probably snowy MetLife Stadium in New Jersey than in sunny San Diego because of their "very outdated" stadium. The NFL doesn't want to have any more Super Bowls in Miami because "it rains there." What a bunch of morons. They want all of their stadiums to be multi-million/billion dollar retractable roof palaces,& they want all of us to pay for it through higher taxes. Look up how cheaply Vancouver put up a temporary stadium while BC Place was getting refurbished & having their roof replaced. This(Vancouver's Empire field) is an abomination to the NFL,& not just because it only seats 25,000 to 30,000 people,but because it cost only $14.4 million to build. That's MILLION,not BILLION.When BC Place is ready,they'll tear it(Empire Field) down & save the pieces for the next time & place it's needed. That's fiscal responsibility(& easily expandable to the NFL's 50,000 seat minimum),something the NFL is unaware of. The NFL will have very limited choices of where they can host the Super Bowl if they limit it to retractable roof stadiums,the Super Dome,& MetLife Stadium.

I also think the reasons that San Diego and Miami dont have the Super Bowls anymore is because they have already had a lot of Super Bowls in San Diego and Miami, I think. And if you disagree, it seems they always have the Super Bowls lately in Miami, Tampa and San Diego. I dont think there are enough new stadiums in warm weather climates to have the game so thats probably one of the reasons why they are going to have the Super Bowl in New York.

I remember in the last Super Bowl held in Miami(2007 Indianapolis Colts-Chicago Bears) it was raining. NFL told Miami if they wanted another Super Bowl,they had to either install a retractable roof,or at least something to keep the fans dry. There's nothing wrong with Tampa,their stadium is relatively new,but San Diego's stadium is old. I wonder what the cost of renovating Qualcomm Stadium would be versus building a new one?

I remember in the last Super Bowl held in Miami(2007 Indianapolis Colts-Chicago Bears) it was raining. NFL told Miami if they wanted another Super Bowl,they had to either install a retractable roof,or at least something to keep the fans dry. There's nothing wrong with Tampa,their stadium is relatively new,but San Diego's stadium is old. I wonder what the cost of renovating Qualcomm Stadium would be versus building a new one?

I hope they leave.....San Diego can not afford to have Police Officers on the streets, They are still having brown outs of the fire stations city wide....but they can afford to do a study to to see what it will cost to build a brand new stadium in Down Town San Diego. They do not want to renovate Jack Murphy Stadium aka Qualcomm. I hope the Chargers leave and give Los Angeles the headaches.:rant:
They can not afford to pay the Police and Fire Departments, and or keep public library's open, and pay their teachers, but they can waste funds to do environmental impact study's on what needs to be spent to clean up the hazard waste from the old city garage and the old San Diego Transit bus fuel farm and garage to build a stadium for a team that wants to leave San Diego anyway :mad: :rant:.
If Los Angeles wants to build a new stadium, let them.:)

I think they had the Los Angeles Rams, the old Los Angeles Chargers in 1960, and then the Los Angeles Raiders. More power to them.:coffee

Also people should remember the ticket deal that the San Diego Chargers suckered the city of San Diego into. They said that if the city would build them a new stadium they would stay. Every year they start the bovine excrement again about a new stadium the NFL is trying to hold the citizens of San Diego hostage.

I think it was last year or the year before the NFL said there would not be another Super Bowl in San Diego, until the city built them a new stadium. :eek:
Also we can not forget what the NFL did to the voters of Arizona about not having a Superbowl there unless they made a certain holiday a state recognized holiday. :coffee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts