Los Angeles HD-LIL Signal Loss/Breakup

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
How many of you are suffering major signal problems with the Los Angeles HD Locals. I know they come off of 129 which has a weak signal, but I'm not suffering any loss or breakup on the Voom channels only on the HD-LIL's.

Has anyone else noticed this problem.

Something is wrong with your system - my local HD channels are coming in fine.

What is your 129 signal strength? I have a dedicated d500 for the 129 sat, so if your signal is weak have dish check it out. I had to argue with the installers to get have them leave the d500 that used to get 148 and use it for 129, but after they were finished he said that the 129 signal strength was better than any d1000 install they had done to date.

You are not the only one with problems. Any sports on CBS in hd is horribly pixilated and even the others I will occasional but regular break up of the picture. And this is with a seperate dish for 129, I get a 60ish signal to 129, peak of about 72, valleys down to 61. While it is worse on the locals, I do notice some of the same pixilation watching the voom sports channel whatever it is but not the breakup of the voom channels

I just checked my signal strength for 129 TP8 and it was 69. According to Lingsat it carries ABC, CBS & NBC. Fox is on TP19 and it was at 68.

All the other TP's that carry HD stuff on 129 are at 67 to 70. TP11 was the weakest at 67 while TP30 the strongest at 71. This is at 10:45am, so I'll try to check this evening to see if any have changed.

I've been recording lots of prime time stuff off of CBS HD and have not seen any problems. One exception that I can think of was last Saturday my son was watching the Lakers game and it looked like CBS had problems with their HD equipment. Part of the broadcast was done on 4:3 size but that was only for a short time. We watched the Masters weekend before that and all looked good at that time, too.

Hope this helps!

Lakers games arent on CBS, although the masters were. The masters was also impossible for me to watch as when there was any movement the blocking and pixilation was horrible. Would switch to OTA and it was much better.

FunkeeC said:
Lakers games arent on CBS, although the masters were. The masters was also impossible for me to watch as when there was any movement the blocking and pixilation was horrible. Would switch to OTA and it was much better.

The masters were OK to us, and like I said my son was watching the Lakers game so I have an excuse for not knowing which channel it was on.

But I did have a serious problem once over the last weekend with all the channels showing one frame of video every couple of seconds but the audio was OK. It took a power button re-boot to fix it and I haven't seen it since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)