Losing 129 Sat Signal, returns after going to Guide.

mthr1

Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Hello.

The last couple of days, I have been having problems watching some HD channels without intermittently losing sat 129 signal. I will get the "Lost Signal, Satellite 129-Transponder xx" screen.

If I leave it alone, after several mins, it will not re-establish signal by itself and return to a picture. However, any time this happens, if I go into the channel guide, the signal returns instantly. Afterwards, the signal may be good for a few mins or quite a while. Each time the error takes place, a simple press of the guide snaps the signal back and picture returns normally. I haven't really noticed it doing this on my premium channels (HBO & Max), but standard HD lineup channels, yes.

I've had no issues prior to the last few days. Weather has been nominal.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've done all the standard stuff...warm and cold reboots, switch checks, temp checks, etc. All appear normal.

Thanks.

EDIT: After doing some more digging, I came across possible bad OTA locks can attribute to this problem? I do have one OTA channel (ABC) that has issues with locking in a signal at times. I went ahead and tuned the OTA to a more solid channel to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Are you using an OTA antenna with your set up? If you are on a weak OTA channel, even if you are not watching it, this problem can occur but happens on all sats locations. This was my problem. Try not to leave your OTA tunner on a weak station.

Thanks for the tip about the OTA!! I've been having this problem for a while, and I bet that' what is going on. Gotta love user forums! :)

Ok, I'm gonig to try this out tonight to see if things improve.

So, would the easiest thing be to tune into one of my strong OTA channels, tune it, then switch over to my other HD Sat channels.

Or do I have to tune to a strong OTA channel in MENU-6-9 screen?

just tune to it, and then back to sat. and...try the hard reset. unplug it for 30 seconds.

Well, I took the advise of a different thread with the OTA issues and tuned into a strong OTA and then returned to the standard sat channels. Initally, the problem returned and didn't appear to change things. Then, after reading an additional post on the same thread, I did the tune again and afterwards, pulled the power of the DVR for 30 secs and re-powered and rebooted.

So far, it's okay...granted, it has only been 30 mins. However, the problem would have re-occured within 30 mins.

So, I'm hoping this resolved the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts