Losing channels in custom guide.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I sent this message into the DIRT team, but reposting here too in case anyone else has seen this issue.

All of a sudden I am having a problem where channels that I have put in my custom guide lists are being dropped form the list. Seems to happen each morning after the overnight updates. The channels dropped are random, but can be my locals or the cable networks. I keep re-adding them to the list, and the next day others drop off. This is happening on both my Hoppers. Very annoying to keep having to rebuild the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've had that issue on both my Hopper and Joey.

Recently, I also couldn't delete a channel from Favorites. It kept coming back! A system reboot didn't solve it either. I had to use a default settings restore from the settings menu, which fixed the issue.

It meant re-doing settings like Resolution, Guide Format, Cursor and such. But, not too bad. A lot of the settings, like Channel Locks and Favorites, stayed intact.

I've experienced this. Not only do they drop, but can't be added back, the "save" never works. However, after a few days they seem to mysteriously reappear.

Go figure.

Next time you see them reappear, check to see if another different channel is missing now. I answered your question in my Hopper recording rampage thread, but my hopper wil drop channels, 5,7,9 and 11. Only one at a time. So let's say channel 5 is missing from my favorites list, then one day it reappears. I now look and what do you know? 5 is back but now 9 is missing! It's really weird.

Zaxcom said:
I sent this message into the DIRT team, but reposting here too in case anyone else has seen this issue.

All of a sudden I am having a problem where channels that I have put in my custom guide lists are being dropped form the list. Seems to happen each morning after the overnight updates. The channels dropped are random, but can be my locals or the cable networks. I keep re-adding them to the list, and the next day others drop off. This is happening on both my Hoppers. Very annoying to keep having to rebuild the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am having the same problem on a daily basis it's getting very annoying. and dishe usdoing nothing about it

Try a reset to factory default in the menu. You can remember your settings with the system wizard, and restore them after. But, first make sure the reset worked, so you'll know if it worked, as restoring the backup may bring the issue back,

By using the reset to factory defaults, would that also delete your recordings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SatelliteGuys

I've noticed that when using List1 as my customized list it reverts to MyChannels after the daily reset. My old receiver used to stay with my List1 once I selected it as the default view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts