Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

Other than FX, I have no change to my lineup. I don't even have Starz.

I don't have Starz either, but I'll gladly go without if it means I get to keep my Absolute!

edit: on my programming page it has "package no longer sold" greyed out. Used to be selected, with a dot in that bullet. Hope they aren't just taking it out in stages. BTW have $6 local, and FX added.

Last edited:
Is there always a $7 or $10 charge for a second receiver? Even if it's leased or owned? I have 2 receivers, both leased. I was thinking about buying one or two and returning the leased receivers, but I've now gotten both answers from Dish (go figure).

Is there always a $7 or $10 charge for a second receiver? Even if it's leased or owned? I have 2 receivers, both leased. I was thinking about buying one or two and returning the leased receivers, but I've now gotten both answers from Dish (go figure).

It doesn't matter whether you lease or own the price is the same. It's $7 or $10 depending on the receiver....

Wow, so you got HD platinum and $10 credit for 12 months? How did you go about this? They wouldn't budge on giving me anything other than $5 credit for 6 months even after showing them in the letter that it said they would give a 12 month credit.

Has anyone seen the promised credits yet? I have not.

Today I see:
Dish America $34.99
HD Solo DVR Receiver $10.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD Platinum $10.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo $0.00

Total
$60.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

I was promised Free HD Platinum and a $10 credit for 12 months, it better show up before billing cycle on the 5th for me. I could care less about Starz

Solo receiver is $7(301,311,211,411), solo DVR(510, 612) is $10, duo receiver(322,222) is $14, Duo DVR(525?,625,622,722,722k) is $17, 922 is $20.

Leased or owned the fee is the same.

My bill now shows the same as everyone else is reporting as far as the charge for locals being added.

DISHHD ABSOLUTE: $29.99
DVR Service: $6.00
Auth - DVR Integration: $4.00
Locals: $6.00
Monthly Charges: $45.99

They did add this DVR Integration fee, I have no idea what the heck that is.

My bill now shows the same as everyone else is reporting as far as the charge for locals being added.

DISHHD ABSOLUTE: $29.99
DVR Service: $6.00
Auth - DVR Integration: $4.00
Locals: $6.00
Monthly Charges: $45.99

They did add this DVR Integration fee, I have no idea what the heck that is.

Do you have GoogleTV? If you don't you should not be charged for the DVR integration fee.

I thought the programmers are not allowing all HD paks. Ya right!
That's my point.
[FONT=&quot]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to DISH Network Chat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Hello[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Thank you for choosing DISH Network, how can I help you today?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I have not heard from you in a while and your chat window shows you've been idle, are you still with me?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Hello, I know you are offering deals for the 30th Anniversary and rate increases. These include 6 PPV coupons and a year of Starz free. Can I get those?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Let me check what best I can do for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I have cancer so it's hard to type[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Mainly, the tumor surgery[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I am sorry to hear that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): You're welcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Thank you so much for your patience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): For security purposes, can you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: XXXX[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I would like to inform you that I will add the package to your account.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Free for a year?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: and the PPV coupons?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): However, the technician has to set up the Dish for Starz free for 12 months.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Yes, you will get the PPV Coupons as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: OK, thanks![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): There will be $15 charge for the technician visit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Why[/FONT]?
[FONT=&quot]Me: I thought you can add Starz without a visit?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): One moment please.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Let me check that for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Why do I need a visit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Let me check that for you once again.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Thank you so much for your patience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Me, I would like to inform you that as you don't have basic package on the account, the Starz free for 12 months cannot be added to your account.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): However, as you have been a wonderful customer, I will send you PPV Coupons for free.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I do have a gradfathered pack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Okay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: So, can you add it?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I am sorry to say that you need to have one of the Core package of America's top packages.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I see. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I will send you PPV Coupons for free.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): As you have been a wonderful customer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Well ty for the PPV coupons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: That's it. Bye![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): I’m sorry you had to take time out of your day to chat with us, but I’m glad we were able to resolve.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Take care![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvero (ID: X2V): Bye![/FONT]
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Feb 10 - Mar 09 DishHD Absolute w/Locals 34.99
HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver 17.00
DVR Service 6.00
Service Plan (15/25) 6.00
HD Solo Receiver 7.00
$ 70.99
Other Charges and Credits
Aug 18 DishHD Absolute w/Locals -15.00
Dec 24 Lottery Ticket -5.99
Dec 30 The Other Guys -5.99
Jan 06 The American -5.99
Jan 15 The Last Exorcism -5.99
$ -38.96
Pay-Per-View
Jan 21 TAKERS 5.99
Jan 16 THE LAST EXORCISM 5.99
Dec 25 LOTTERY TICKET 5.99
Dec 31 THE OTHER GUYS 5.99
Jan 07 THE AMERICAN 5.99
$ 29.95
Taxes
Jan 25 State/Local Tax (Sales) 2.02
Total AutoPay on Feb 14, 2011 $ 64.00
There is one PPV there I got charged for. I will dispute it...

Last edited:
Do you really still have the $.01 Cinemax? I got it for 2 years, but then the offer ended.

I was charged 1 cent on my last bill for another year of Cinemax. They never took those channels off when the offer supposedly ended. Now it looks like it's on again.

Larry
SF

Feb 1st 3pm Pacific time and I still my AbsoluteHD :) Maybe the rumors were right, do nothing and it doesn't go away. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days/weeks. I did a "Dishing it up" for a customer today, after noon, and they still had the customer as having AbsoluteHD. The customer had to change his programming to do the upgrade, but that has been the case for a couple years now. Also dish.com still shows me as having it. If I was coerced to leave AbHD and they don't actually take it away, I'd be pissed. Anyone else still have there's?

Brad

there is definitely confusion at dish, I did a chat to get them to remove the $4 integration fee and the first person I talked to said the problem is I am on a package no longer available, they transferred me to the loyalty department who removed the $4 fee after looking into it, he did not tell me I had to change to a different plan like the lady did before him

I did not question the $6 increase on locals because it appears that everyone is now being charged $6 for locals in addition to the $29.99 for absolute, it used to be $29.99 including locals

still the waiting game to see how this thing shakes out, would be nice if we get by with just a $6 increase

Just checked my channels- still on HD Absolute as far as I can tell, and MAX (1 penny deal which has continued). However I now see $6 extra for locals according to the Dish web site. No STARZ either.

DISHHD ABSOLUTE
$29.99

DVR Service
$6.00
Locals
$6.00
- ADDED 2/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)