Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

As of 2/2 I still have absoluteHD programming on my receiver but not on my account. Online account shows AT200 HD200, Platinum Free for 12months, total bill $60 month Before yesterday I was buying Bloomberg financial channel A La Carte for $3 monthly and now it's gone. As a matter of fact, if you look at what's available online Bloomberg isn't listed as a channel you buy A La Carte any more.

My account was converted to AT200 as well, but the receiver hasn't caught up yet. It looks like local stations are included now. There's no separate $6 charge, and the option is checked and greyed out on the web site. I dropped the service plan, so the net increase for us is going to be $8 a month. Considering we're going to get a few channels that we wanted and aren't losing any we currently watch, I'm satisfied for now. But when the $10 credit and free HD Platinum run out next year, it may be time for a change.

Do we now qualify for the 30th anniversary freebies people have been mentioning?

My account was converted to AT200 as well, but the receiver hasn't caught up yet. It looks like local stations are included now. There's no separate $6 charge, and the option is checked and greyed out on the web site. I dropped the service plan, so the net increase for us is going to be $8 a month. Considering we're going to get a few channels that we wanted and aren't losing any we currently watch, I'm satisfied for now. But when the $10 credit and free HD Platinum run out next year, it may be time for a change.

Do we now qualify for the 30th anniversary freebies people have been mentioning?
Dish would screw up a wet dream. :eek: I have the same problem but no credit and no starz. No new channels even after a check switch. WTF dish. I have to call Victora from the resolution team get her to fix this sh*t.
Thanks for nothing dish. :rant:

I hate to say it but you snooze you lose. The freebies that people are getting are for having a minimum programming package before February 1st and he Absolute pack was not one of those qualifying packages.

This is why they were trying to hard to get everyone switched (and why they mailed you those letters) so you could get this done before the 1st.

Did you think they were bluffing?

I got switched over (involuntarily) to AT200 @ 59.99. I don't see where the $10 credit shows up.

Its very frustrating to see that Dish is now offering new customers AT200 for $39.99 for 12 months... I thought in January they were offering just $10 off for new customers

I hate to say it but you snooze you lose. The freebies that people are getting are for having a minimum programming package before February 1st and he Absolute pack was not one of those qualifying packages.

This is why they were trying to hard to get everyone switched (and why they mailed you those letters) so you could get this done before the 1st.

I got switched over (involuntarily) to AT200 @ 59.99. I don't see where the $10 credit shows up.

Its very frustrating to see that Dish is now offering new customers AT200 for $39.99 for 12 months... I thought in January they were offering just $10 off for new customers
No once again scott is wrong. My bill is just like my IRD it just hasn't caught up yet. They gave $15 for 6 months and $10 for 6 months after that.
Yes I do.

The heck with it. I just cancelled service. I'm now rid of Charlie in my life. Good riddance.

Hahahaha, What a joke. My account. They got me on the welcome pak, at200, 4 premiums, all for $113 a month. They really screwed me over. It's obvious it's a mistake.

HBO, Max, Sho, Starz$42.00

Welcome Pack$9.99

HD 200 Free$0.00

HD Solo Receiver$7.00

America's Top 200$54.99

DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo$0.00

Monthly Charges$113.98

Dish Network has everything SCREWED up again. :mad:

I can't get thru on the phone to anyone "because inclement weather has several service centers closed" and my billing is screwed up too.

I paid my bill electronically on 1/6 (due 1/24) and the recording when I call says my bill is overdue and I will be charged an additional $5 as of tomorrow. :mad:

I think I will cancel also.

Dish Network has everything SCREWED up again. :mad:

I can't get thru on the phone to anyone "because inclement weather has several service centers closed" and my billing is screwed up too.

I paid my bill electronically on 1/6 (due 1/24) and the recording when I call says my bill is overdue and I will be charged an additional $5 as of tomorrow. :mad:

I think I will cancel also.
Try this number (720) 514-8555 the Resolution team and someone will pick up.

Well one last time, its officially over. RIP. A moment of silence for DishHD Absolute.....

Ok, now that thats over. Just got off chat and got basically what everyone else has been getting. $10 credit, plus an additional $5 credit for 12 months. Free Platinum for 12 months. Free HD for life. Can downgrade to AT120+ and keep my credits, which I may do later. Or maybe Dish Latina Max. Only thing that really chaps me off is I wanted to downgrade my 2nd 622 to a 211, since I never really watch anything on it. I would need to sign a new 24 month contract in order to get it free (no thanks!), otherwise it was $200 to downgrade!!! Looked into buying one online or fleabay, but the cost of the unit plus the cost of the monthly fee (even though I own it, will never be able to understand that logic) would be more than the cost of paying for the 622 for the year.

The letter says you will get the premiums and the credits automatically, whether you call or not. I did not call and expect to be changed and credited as written in the letter. Your entire comment sound more like James Long than the Scott that I thought I knew.

If this isn't all a last ditch ploy to get everyone to switch.(receivers still showing absolute programming) I think i'll switch to this. Heck the everything pak comes up 3 bucks cheaper than what they got me on now. :D:D:D:D:D

Latino Max$57.99

HBO & Starz$24.00

HD Max Free$0.00

HD Solo Receiver$7.00

Monthly Charges$88.99

I don't see anything credits either. Even if I hit the submit button. No Starz or encore free. I'm done. I will wait till statement comes out on the 5th to verify and then cancel for Direct.

HBO & Sho$24.00

America's Top 200$59.99

DVR Service$6.00

HD 200 Free$0.00

Well one last time, its officially over. RIP. A moment of silence for DishHD Absolute.....

Ok, now that thats over. Just got off chat and got basically what everyone else has been getting. $10 credit, plus an additional $5 credit for 12 months. Free Platinum for 12 months. Free HD for life. Can downgrade to AT120+ and keep my credits, which I may do later. Or maybe Dish Latina Max. Only thing that really chaps me off is I wanted to downgrade my 2nd 622 to a 211, since I never really watch anything on it. I would need to sign a new 24 month contract in order to get it free (no thanks!), otherwise it was $200 to downgrade!!! Looked into buying one online or fleabay, but the cost of the unit plus the cost of the monthly fee (even though I own it, will never be able to understand that logic) would be more than the cost of paying for the 622 for the year.

So my package turned into the Top 200 this morning on the online bill and did not show any credits. Just the free platinum for 12 months. I called and used the "cancel service" menu option. Wound up talking to a very polite rep who told me I could get $20 off for 6 months, then $10 off for the next 6. I asked if that incentive to stay would carry over to the Top 120 pack. It did, so I wound up downgrading to the Top 120 w/ free HD for life + HD Platinum (could have taken the Starz pack instead) for 12 months. So for 6 months my bill is $5 less than it used to be, then the next 6 it will be $5 more. Essentially, I'll break even for the year at $29.99. Not bad IMO for being forced to switch. I was definitely ready to cancel if they didn't work with me.

Credits will only show up on your monthly statement.

You should see them when your next bill is generated.

The letter says you will get the premiums and the credits automatically, whether you call or not. I did not call and expect to be changed and credited as written in the letter. Your entire comment sound more like James Long than the Scott that I thought I knew.
Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts