Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

Same deal I got....maybe if they would have done a bit more than the $10 I might keep them. I can care less about the free plat and free starz. I dont find us watching any of the additional channels...we do miss the nat geo though. Decisions decisions on who to go to. Or maybe just cut the pay tv out and stick with OTA, Boxee, and netflix.

You might just try the later and see how that works out for you. If it isn't a good fit then you can always go to D* or come back.

Just noticed I got switched. What's the number do I call to change my programming? I don't think I need more than the Dish America plan.

Same deal I got....maybe if they would have done a bit more than the $10 I might keep them. I can care less about the free plat and free starz. I dont find us watching any of the additional channels...we do miss the nat geo though. Decisions decisions on who to go to. Or maybe just cut the pay tv out and stick with OTA, Boxee, and netflix.

If you want only Nat Geo, then Dish Latino Dos would be an option. However, HD channels are in the 5000 range while some SD channels are in the 800 range.

I got switched automatically yesterday too. I went online and switched to the Dish America package but I may just use OTA HD and Netflix. Has anyone heard of or tried Sezmi - Sezmi: All-In-One Personal TV Service $4.99/month for an OTA HD DVR service sounds pretty interesting. The DVR functions would be the only thing I'd miss switching to OTA.

I was told that to keep the discount/credits, free Platinum, etc, etc you have to subscribe to an AT or Latino package, not any of the America or Family packages. If you switch online, do you lose the extras or is it only caught if you have a human do it ?

My programming online shows DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo. Dish America (34.99) and DVR Service fee (6.00) for a total of 40.99. When I confirmed the switch, it showed that I was getting a credit of 10/Mo so I'll see if I get that when I receive my bill next month.

Last edited:
I'm also only showing the $10 credit. I've had nothing but customer service problems with Dish since I started 2 1/2 years ago, but just invested in the EHD and the DVR on the 211, along with the Sling adapter. Tough decision on whether to leave or not.

The Sling Adapter woks with the 211/211k?
Sorta off topic but, may influence my choice to stay with Charlie...

Dish's branded Sling adapter or one you bought outside of Dish ? Dish's only appears to work with the 722 and higher DVRs.

The Sling Adapter woks with the 211/211k?
Sorta off topic but, may influence my choice to stay with Charlie...

No, I chose my words poorly, sorry. I added the DISH Sling Adapter to my 722 and also added the DVR functionality to my 211k. $180 investment just to DISH.

I'm still messing with this change. I can get my locals OTA, so I wanted to avoid the charge for those. (My locals go to my Tivo HD and my computer.) Unfortunately I can't decouple the locals from AT200 for some reason, but have to go down to AT120+ and lose the only reason to get a Satellite company in the first place. (Time Warner doesn't carry NFLN.)

Anyone know if Directv forces locals on you?

Latino Max is really different, I'm finding out. For some reason they don't seem to just us the same channels as the AT packs. I don't understand why not since it' is the top package like the AT 250. Seems like E* is just spinning their wheels with the way that they are doing the Latino packages.

I'm still messing with this change. I can get my locals OTA, so I wanted to avoid the charge for those. (My locals go to my Tivo HD and my computer.) Unfortunately I can't decouple the locals from AT200 for some reason, but have to go down to AT120+ and lose the only reason to get a Satellite company in the first place. (Time Warner doesn't carry NFLN.)

Anyone know if Directv forces locals on you?

directv does not charge for locals, its included in the packages

Latino Max is really different, I'm finding out. For some reason they don't seem to just us the same channels as the AT packs. I don't understand why not since it' is the top package like the AT 250. Seems like E* is just spinning their wheels with the way that they are doing the Latino packages.

Many other posts have said the same thing. I wonder if their is a lineup card with channel numbers available for Latino MAx?

Ugh, I just got an email saying that my service was switched to Top 200....after I went through all of that mess on Feb. 1st to switch it to AT120. Just finished a chat and switched it back, but now they're saying my bill will be $30.99 for 12 months. I have no idea what's going on over there.

Many other posts have said the same thing. I wonder if their is a lineup card with channel numbers available for Latino MAx?
If you go to TV Channel Lineup - Satellite Channels on DISH Network, select your package from the dropdown, input your zip, and hit the ">" button, it will generate a guide for you (tied into Zap2It). It all looks very familiar until you get up in the 200-300 range, but I don't know the channels in that range by heart either. I mean, NatGeo is on 186, Discovery is 182, ESPN is 140, and so on...

Ugh, I just got an email saying that my service was switched to Top 200....after I went through all of that mess on Feb. 1st to switch it to AT120. Just finished a chat and switched it back, but now they're saying my bill will be $30.99 for 12 months. I have no idea what's going on over there.

Don't feel bad.
I am going to be on my fourth call today or tomorrow to try and get this crap straightened out.
Mine went from AT120 to 200 (twice) and my credits I bargained for ,10 plus 10 , have been disappearing. Last night I checked online and all it had listed for credits was a courtesy 3 X 5.
I'll give it till my first bill and will most likely pull the plug on the sat.
OTA will be more than enough for us.