Losing HD signal everyday

bhamster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Where Killer Whales are free
I live in the northwest 100 north of Seattle and I lose my HD channels almost every day or they fade in and out And it`s not just the weather was told by a tech that I just barely catch the bird as it doesn't cover this area very well...Anybody else have this problem.And I have the rest of this year with free Hd FROM Dish so there must be something to this or I just yelled loud at them??

It's a known problem in the Pacific Northwest and the West coast. Do a search and you'll find out that the only solution is a bigger dish for better signals off 129. Call and complain that you keep losing your HD channels and demand a bigger dish. 24'' or 30'' seems to do better in your area.

It's a known problem in the Pacific Northwest and the West coast. Do a search and you'll find out that the only solution is a bigger dish for better signals off 129. Call and complain that you keep losing your HD channels and demand a bigger dish. 24'' or 30'' seems to do better in your area.

can he solve the problem by installing 148 for HD..

"also 12-18 degree is not the issue"

Oh yeah, signal is strong in the West Coast for 61.5 but the majority of us won't be able to see the bird at that elevation angle (buildings, trees, etc.).

The correct setup for Blaine or Lynden is a Dish500 for 110W/119W and a 24" dish pointed at 129W. If you don't have a 24" dish, you need to make some arrangement.

For those arguing elevation, the elevation is just under 10 degrees for 61.5. Atmosphere is a major factor at that angle.

I was able to recieve 61.5 for a time. Did it right after VOOM was put on 61.5 and before 129 was mirrored. My signal strength using a dedicated 500 was a steady 65. The installer informed me that only approx 5% of homes in this area had a clear shot. My antenna was mounted at the top of my second story chimney and pointed almost due east (slight southern angle). It was pointed directly at the top of the outline of the Cascades (mtns) in the distance. When 129 became an option I had it repointed and have regretted ever since. No installer since that time has been able to bring in 61.5 again. It's possible local trees have grown just enough to block the view. But even if I could get it again I'd be saying goodbye to FSNW HD if it ever happens.

At this point I have a 24 inch dish pointed at 129. It does give a strong peak signal but there are still problems with fade. But it's good enough to keep me going until the new sats are working.

That's my point. Not everyone can even see the 61.5 bird in the West coast so it doesn't really matter if it has strong SS. I know someone that does and the dish looks like it's pointing to the ground.

And any repointing to 61.5 you'd probably have to do yourself. Dish refuses to send someone out to do it. I have managed to get an installer to attempt it when they were here for a different reason but they just couldn't get a lock because a neigbor's evergreen got bigger. I'd try it again but don't want to mess up the decent peak 129 signal I'm getting. 129 is VERY sensitive on adjustments, I've seen strange things happen just tightening the bolts.

Last edited:
When I did installations before 148W came, it did WORKS for 100% ! And still works. :)

Smith, I know it works with SS around 90-100. The problem is that a very low percentage of people in the West Coat can actually aim at 61.5 because of trees, bldgs, etc... It's so low, that the dish looks like it's pointing at the ground.

222 for a 211?

Multiple local/dma packages?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)