Losing signal after 1000.4 EA install

prashp1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
CT
Hello. On Sunday morning the DN tech came by and installed the 1000.4 dish. I now have 61.5, 72, 77, and 118.7.

Then Monday morning I lost 61.5 signal and there was a message on the screen saying "You don't have to call us. We are aware of this problem. Your local channels are not available. Press "Guide" and watch non-local channels."

Then Monday evening I call DN Tech Support and the tech told me to unplug the power inserter and plug it back in. After this I got my local channels back.

But this morning I have lost the signal again.

What could be causing this issue?

Sounds like the dish for 61.5 sat, where your locals are located , isn't peaked right. You shouldn't be losing your locals like that. What are the signal strengths for all three sats?

I am getting the following strengths on the eastern arc dish in southeast, Texas:

77 sat- between 50-58
72.7 sat-between 60 - 70
61.5 sat-between 45-70

I have no idea on what could be causing your problem. If anyone knows it's someone here at SatelliteGuys! Knowing how frustrating your problem could be, I thought your post could benefit from a little bump. :) I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and give you a few ideas that might help you with your situation. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)