Losing signal after 1000.4 EA install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prashp1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
CT
Hello. On Sunday morning the DN tech came by and installed the 1000.4 dish. I now have 61.5, 72, 77, and 118.7.

Then Monday morning I lost 61.5 signal and there was a message on the screen saying "You don't have to call us. We are aware of this problem. Your local channels are not available. Press "Guide" and watch non-local channels."

Then Monday evening I call DN Tech Support and the tech told me to unplug the power inserter and plug it back in. After this I got my local channels back.

But this morning I have lost the signal again.

What could be causing this issue?

Sounds like the dish for 61.5 sat, where your locals are located , isn't peaked right. You shouldn't be losing your locals like that. What are the signal strengths for all three sats?

I am getting the following strengths on the eastern arc dish in southeast, Texas:

77 sat- between 50-58
72.7 sat-between 60 - 70
61.5 sat-between 45-70

I have no idea on what could be causing your problem. If anyone knows it's someone here at SatelliteGuys! Knowing how frustrating your problem could be, I thought your post could benefit from a little bump. :) I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and give you a few ideas that might help you with your situation. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)