Losing signal to Locals during certain time of the day?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fishman23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
This may sound crazy...

I had DirecTV installed on Feb. 8th and shortly after noticed that all of my local channels were "breaking up" really bad. It didn't do it all the time, but was enough to get me worried. It does it on all the locals, FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC, CW, & PBS. It doesn't matter if they're HD or SD. Usually the audio is still fine but the picture is full of artifacts. Sometimes it will get so bad that the audio gets choppy and finally I get a 771 Signal error and blank screen.

I check my signal though and it's 90-95+ to 101 and 103(c). They sent a tech out and he replaced my HR21, still had the problem of locals acting up and losing single. He realigned my dish and took the 103(c) signal from 78-80 to 95-97. I thought this fixed the problem but it is still doing it. The funny thing is, as the weeks have gone by I noticed it only does it in the evenings from 6-10 EST. This is the only time I have noticed the problem. Have any of you ever heard of a problem like this? It still shows a good signal during these times, although the screen clearly shows the 771 errors. All other channels are perfect, only the locals go to crap!

I can go into the bedroom where we have a standard DVR and older TV. Signal is always fine and no problems with the locals EVER on that receiver.

I want to think it is a problem with the hardware or cables, but how could it work so great in the late night, early morning, and during the day...then crap out at night when most of the good programming is on?

Thanks for any help. :hungry:

Last edited:
Whats the signal strength at that time frame? I'd have to suspect thermal flex of the mount location or a thermal sensitivity issue with the lnbf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)