Losing video on Samsung TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, the repair guy just left. He hesitated a bit but once he heard I saw the TV menus over the snow, the main board was replaced. He said if it happens again, then it's not the TV and just an incompatibility with one of my other devices.

Board details:
MODULE: T-AMBAUSC-2008.9
DATE: PANEL: 46A 71
MICOM: T-AMBAUSCM-1005
RFS: T-AMBAUSC-20080416, 2008-10-15

Oops, the problem has occurred again so it wasn't the TV. He said if it did happen it has to be a compatibility problem so I'm betting it's my Onkyo receiver. Oh well, at least it's not a drastic issue because once it happens when I first turn the TV on and I get the video back, it's good until the problem happens again.

Not totally. I never got to the point of hooking the DVRs up directly to the TV and bypassing the receiver. He did say that through his experience there is sometimes just an incompatibility between certain receivers and Samsung TV's so I'm thinking that's probably the case here.

I'm glad I found this thread.

I have an Onkyo 606, Samsung LN52A750, and Dish Network ViP722.

I have the Dish Network DVR connected to the Onkyo through HDMI, and then HDMI out from the Onkyo to the Samsung. The Onkyo should pass through HDMI signals.

I'm also experiencing random flickers and snow on my Samsung when watching SAT. It's impossible to reproduce at will and sometimes I won't even see it for a week or so.

I also play my Xbox360 a lot but I've never seen this issue with it. Perhaps that's because the 360 is connected to the Onkyo through component and the receiver has to convert it to HDMI out. Perhaps there's only something wrong with the HDMI-passthrough and but not the HDMI-conversion.

I bypassed the Onkyo for a day (went direct from SAT to TV) and never saw this issue, so I really think it's a problem with the Onkyo. I called their tech support and they didn't really know anything about it.

I'm really not sure what to do. Similar to another posted, when the snow is on the TV I can still use the TV menus, and when I change the source and then back to SAT, the problem goes away. I'm thinking of switching HDMI ports on the receiver or maybe using different cables.

It's the Onkyo receiver. Even with the new motherboard in the TV, I still get the flickers whether it's coming from the component connected DVR or the HDMI connected one. I just deal with it and change the source or channel. Some day it will be an upgraded receiver that's not an Onkyo and hopefully the problem will go away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts