losing wifi to hopper and joey

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
I have the following setup to get wifi to my single hopper and single joey. I have a Linksys gaming adapter that is plugged into the Hopper by way of the Hopper Internet Connection box. My problem is almost regularly even multiple times during the day the Hopper will loose it's link to my local network and naturally then loose connection to the internet. To fix this i've discovered all i have to do is power cycle the gaming adapter. I don't see anything wrong with he adapter. The only setup that I remember is to put in the user name and password. As I said this is almost a daily ritual. Any suggestions or ideas? I was thinking of looking for a long ethernet cable and plugging that into the HIC and see if I loose connection. That would help to eliminate the gaming adapter. I'm just not sure if I have an ethernet cable long enough for my wireless router is across the room from the Hopper setup.

Thanks.

Please press Menu, Settings, Network Setup, Broadband, Wireless Setup then provide me the signal strength. What is the model of the Linksys gaming adapter?

Please press Menu, Settings, Network Setup, Broadband, Wireless Setup then provide me the signal strength. What is the model of the Linksys gaming adapter?

It's a Linksys WGA600n. I don't see anywhere on the Network Setup screen a signal strength meter. Where might I find this signal strength meter? At the top of the screen is Moca snd that is the only choice I have. As of this instant it's working and DHCP, Server and Internet all show OK.

Under the Whole-Home screen it shows the Moca signal strength as being good and at this moment my one joey linked.

It's a Linksys WGA600n. I don't see anywhere on the Network Setup screen a signal strength meter. Where might I find this signal strength meter? At the top of the screen is Moca snd that is the only choice I have. As of this instant it's working and DHCP, Server and Internet all show OK.

Under the Whole-Home screen it shows the Moca signal strength as being good and at this moment my one joey linked.

While using the connection to listen to Pandora the connection was lost and Pandora froze. Once i rebooted the hopper i could use the hopper again but I checked and learned the connection was gone. For me to get it back all in need do is power cycle the gaming adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)