Loss of BEV HD Channels

clayface1000 said:
It still mystifies me as to the rationale Expressvu used to make these transponder changes. For instance, the HD PPVs are on transponders that can still be received down here, yet, there's no way a southern subscriber could actually purchase an event. So why didn't they move these channels to the new transponders? Same thing with SRC-HD and the preview channel. Proportionately, there can't be THAT many people in the US who are clamoring for these channels compared to SN-HD and TSN-HD, which surely must be the two most popular overall. So why did they kill those two channels, and in the process, probably lose a lot of revenue from subscribers who will be forced to quit their service?

You can order PPV online. Agree, tho, it made no sense to switch HD off the main 82 bird. Would have made more sense to switch channels that few "southerners" would be interested in.

...mike ( Another user who will have to give up BEV after 4 years (SF area).

Here in Phoenix I am using a 1.0 meter dish. I moved the dish and re-tweaked the alignment using a signal strength meter. No signal at all on transponders 11 and 27.

I seriously doubt that Bell ExpressVu gives any consideration to those of us in the "southern provinces". If I were running a business, I'd focus on my primary customer base. I still wish they would put the two new channels on the "weak transponders" and give us what we had before.

This footprint is weird.... here in Louisiana 11 and 27 are two of my strongest TP's. The TP with Oasis and Treasure is one of the weakest.

Thanks to HDTVFanatic I've joined this forum coming over from the AVS Forum to discuss this situation. I'm ready to push the button on a 100 or 120 cm dish and a .3 noise level dual lnb. Before I do that I would like to see the results of what BEV is doing as I had the #11 transponder working fine until this past weekend after losing transponder #27 a little over a week ago. Would also like to see the results of those of you utilizing larger dishes...I currently have a 30" dish with an *E legacy dual lnb in Corous Christi, TX. Feedback?

This is driving me crazy. As you may recall from my earlier post, I did a temporary install with a 90 cm dish last week and got a signal of around 49-51 for transponders 5 & 9 (for CTVHD-E & W, plus SN-HD). This weekend, I went back up and no matter what I did, the strongest I could get was 45 for SN-HD, which is just BARELY enough to hang onto for a signal, and 42 for the CTVs, which results in contant breakups.

I did the tweaking with a $10 meter, so I'm not sure if this result came about because I'm just not being precise enough (and lucked out last week) or if there are other factors at play. It looks like I'll have to drag the receiver and a TV, plus string some power up to the roof and try it again...

(I'm in Los Angeles...)

Iceberg: Check the AVS Forum under my same username and you'll find that I was one of the first to have a valid subscription several years ago and have been offering advice on same for many users. Thanks!

clayface1000 said:
Readings on 11 & 27? Big fat zeds!

with the last few days as cloudy and with rain, I have no stable signal from those 2 transponders neither using a 90cm dish.

Can guys with big FTA dishes here in South Florida look at specific transponders from 82? Or do you need a Evu stb?

It would be nice if anyone out there with 4-6 foot BUDs can see if they can pull anything in on the dead tps, before I decide to do anything more.

angiodan said:
Can guys with big FTA dishes here in South Florida look at specific transponders from 82? Or do you need a Evu stb?

It would be nice if anyone out there with 4-6 foot BUDs can see if they can pull anything in on the dead tps, before I decide to do anything more.

Anybody with a FTA receiver and circular LNB can lock onto the signals since they are normal QPSK signals, you just can't see the content due to the scrambled signal. You might do a poll or ask around the FTA forum to see the signal strengths of the TP's on 82.

Some thoughts at my location in So. Texas....I'm getting intermittent signal readings up to 45 on TP's 7 and 11, nothing on 27 with a 30" dish. This tells me that it is quite possible that a 1 or 1.2 meter dish with a good lnb should solve the problem. The issue to monitor is that these tp's in question may still be going through adjustments and assignments by BEV. If the situation remains the same at the end of thirty days I'll make the investment and do the change. What I'm suggesting is that y'all monitor your signal strength at different times and see if you are getting any readings and make a decision from there as well as pursuing results we may get from others with larger dishes.