Lost 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Its been a few weeks since I have had time to watch DIRECTV so I turned the TV on and was greeted with the No Signal message on the screen.

I went to the signal strenth screen and have all zeros on the 101 satellite, but I have signals in the 70's - 90's on the other satellites.

I grabbed my SuperBuddy meter and headed outside. Hooked it up to my old 5 LNB Slimline dish and I can't find anything on 101. 99 is coming in nice as are the others. I even tried reaiming the dish. Still nothing off 101.

IN side the house the signals on the other satellites are better with levels now in the high 80's but most of them being 100.

I think the 101 LNB in the dish has gone bad... is this possible?

Its been a few weeks since I have had time to watch DIRECTV so I turned the TV on and was greeted with the No Signal message on the screen. I went to the signal strenth screen and have all zeros on the 101 satellite, but I have signals in the 70's - 90's on the other satellites. I grabbed my SuperBuddy meter and headed outside. Hooked it up to my old 5 LNB Slimline dish and I can't find anything on 101. 99 is coming in nice as are the others. I even tried reaiming the dish. Still nothing off 101. IN side the house the signals on the other satellites are better with levels now in the high 80's but most of them being 100. I think the 101 LNB in the dish has gone bad... is this possible?
yep! Normally it's the 99 or 103 but yeah, 101 can crap out. Maybe you just have a tree in the way :D

yep! Normally it's the 99 or 103 but yeah, 101 can crap out. Maybe you just have a tree in the way :D

99 and 103 are so close to 101 i highly doubt this, but... i know you were joking. The fact that you have signal on 99 and 103 at all makes it nearly impossible to miss the 101, your lnb is most deff shot.. sorry to say.

99 and 103 are so close to 101 i highly doubt this, but... i know you were joking. The fact that you have signal on 99 and 103 at all makes it nearly impossible to miss the 101, your lnb is most deff shot.. sorry to say.

Well Duh ;) I was being a smarta$$

It was Vader,
He took out those sats in 101 while trying to stop Luke. Blind old fart flew right through them!

Joe

Scott since you have 119 it gets the guide off of that (last I checked it did)

If you had only a SL3 (99/101/103) then it gets the guide off 101

Scott since you have 119 it gets the guide off of that (last I checked it did) If you had only a SL3 (99/101/103) then it gets the guide off 101

Unless it's SWM, from what I've been told with SWM the guide comes from 101 regardless if you have 119 or not from what I'm told

Wonder what ch 9501 &9502 say?

They are the 101 test channels...................I know DirecTV started centering the tuning spec on the 101 instaed of the 110 but never heard the guide source moved. When you ask CSRs stuff they say it is on a need to know basis.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts