Lost 110 and 119 on second receiver

bntabor

Original poster
May 27, 2009
Texas
Hello all,
I have a dish 500 with 2 receivers, the other day i lost most channels on the 2nd receiver. I have few channels in the 9400 range and PPV sports channels will show, but nothing else.
First, The main receiver works with no problems.
what i have done so far with the 2nd receiver,
Reset it numerous times by unplugging it.
Removed and reinserted the smart card numerous times.
Ran switch test numerous times.
Once i did get a switch error.
replaced switch to this receiver
checked all connections to make sure none where loose.
Have checked signal strength,
148 Green - 80+
110 red - wrong satellite - 80 +
119 red - wrong satellite - 75 +
switch test main screen shows 148 and no other satellites.
Dish 500 with DLNB and 1 dish pointing horizontal for local channels.
So i am at a loss as what to do next.:mad:
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Can you switch the feeds from the LNB to the receiver? If you can and now the second receiver works and the first goes out, its a bad LNB.

Under 148 does it display "Feed" instead of the correct type of LNB. If so you have a problem with DiSEqC communication between the switch and the receiver. What type of switch are you using? Also if you switch the outputs and it doesn't correct the problem, try bringing the offending receiver (leave all cables in their original location) to the location of the receiver that is working properly. If it works fine there, you probably have a cabling issue, if not it's more than likely a problem with the receiver itself.

Ok, i switched cable from the lnb to different switches, 1st receiver came back with bad switch error window, did switch test, says i have fewer satellites than before. clicked cancel as not to save this. Seems to work ok.
2nd receiver still the same, missing most channels.

1 st receiver says switch is SW21
2 nd receiver says switch is SWAJ

Both switches are SW21 as stated on the switches themselves.

" Agonizing Fury - Under 148 does it display "Feed" instead of the correct type of LNB?"
I am not sure where to look for this information. If you are referring to the installation / point dish / signal screen, neither is displayed. Please let me know where to look for this information.

FYI. I am using a JVC system that was purchased at Sears many, many years ago. It was purchased for a lake house because Dish could not find any installers that would go out to this location. The house later burned to the ground, so i keep the dish system to use at our house in Dallas.

Changing the cables does not seem to have done anything, since right now everything is the same as it was. Except for error i receive about "not as many satellites as before" but everything still works the same.

I am attaching a diagram of the wiring setup, local channel dish was added later by dish, and it really has never worked the same since. Anything wrong with this setup?

Will try switching receivers asap. Let you know the outcome.
Thanks for everybody's help.

wiring Pic - [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/9968470@N07/3572955133/"]sat-wire on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3572955133_25a206cc23_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3572955133@@AMEPARAM@@25a206cc23[/ame]

Last edited:
Update:
Switched receivers, Problem followed the 2 nd receiver, 1 st worked as normal.
My guess is the 2 nd receiver is Bad?

Anyone know where to buy a used receiver?

I assume i would have to get dish to send me another smart card too.

Thanks for any help

For $5.99 you can get it replaced under DHPP. Call DISH and order DHPP if you don't already have it then cancel it after problem is repaired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts