Lost 77 overnight .... what's wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are the moved locals going to stay on 72.7 and 61.5 or do you think they will move them back to 77 once they get this issue fixed? Reason for asking is I am on WA with a wing to 77 for our HD locals. I hate to do a repoint to 72 and then have to repoint it back to 77.

Are the moved locals going to stay on 72.7 and 61.5 or do you think they will move them back to 77 once they get this issue fixed? Reason for asking is I am on WA with a wing to 77 for our HD locals. I hate to do a repoint to 72 and then have to repoint it back to 77.
We wont know until they figure out what went wrong with 77 and if they can get it back into the box again to restore signals to it.

So from what I'm reading here, the locals have been moved to other birds, and if you want to go repoint your dish, you can get them. But most likely, in a few days, they will be back on 77. Is this correct?

I don't like the Dish worded this statement "19 small to mid-size cities". Like that's okay since they don't matter that much anyway.

flyover country.....Jk..
Dude,relax ....It's an accurate description of the size of the cities involved.....I cannot believe the lengths people will go to be offended.

So from what I'm reading here, the locals have been moved to other birds, and if you want to go repoint your dish, you can get them. But most likely, in a few days, they will be back on 77. Is this correct?

You should not have to repoint your dishes. An eastern arc dish has 61.5/72.7/77 all on one dish. This is actually why Dish wants people to have either eastern arc or western arc dishes. They can move stuff between the satellites for what ever reason they might have and people should not notice.

You should not have to repoint your dishes. An eastern arc dish has 61.5/72.7/77 all on one dish. This is actually why Dish wants people to have either eastern arc or western arc dishes. They can move stuff between the satellites for what ever reason they might have and people should not notice.

Ahh, I've got a wing dish with one LNB tied into my dish 1000 (pointed at 110,119,127). Guess when I added HD locals, the wing dish is what dish decided I needed.

This is exactly why dish wants full EA or WA setups so they can shuffle things as needed.

Before you go repointing things please check TheList and verify that your locals have moved and to which bird they have moved to.

I'm not going to repoint, with the snow coming it would be worthless, and I've got rabbit ears that work great. I guess I was really just curious. Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
flyover country.....Jk..
Dude,relax ....It's an accurate description of the size of the cities involved.....I cannot believe the lengths people will go to be offended.

Actually, I agree with that. It does seem they purposely mentioned "small to midsize". Now, maybe it's more of an attempt to minimize the hit they may take on their stock on Monday.

I must say thou that as a subscriber in one of those "small to midsize cities" (Macon, Ga) that lost their locals (or what's left of them) yesterday for a time, I also feel that Dish doesn't give much thought to this area. It'll be a month tomorrow that we lost both our Fox and ABC and it just seems to me and other Dish subscribers that I know that Dish doesn't really care that much about Macon due to its size. That if this was Atlanta, Dish would have had this issue resolved within days if not hours.

This is the computer that operates the 77 satellite. The floppy drive went out and they can not figure out how to fix it.

Attachments

• image-621697096.png
    image-621697096.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 298
Now, maybe it's more of an attempt to minimize the hit they may take on their stock on Monday.
This type of issue is of no concern to the stock market folks. Their share price will be unaffected by this, irregardless of how they worded a statement about the failure.

Anybody know whats going on with the 77 satellite

O boy, you could have missed it but the homepage shows whats going on

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/241828-latest-eastern-arc-satellite-issue-update.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ons/241770-lost-77-overnight-whats-wrong.html

Forgot to say, welcome to SatelliteGuys , FYI if you go back to "Home" by clicking it in the top left of the page it will take you back to the homepage which usually shows alerts like this

I assume you either lost the Springfield,MO or Little Rock,AR locals which are both from 77(which failed for a time)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)