Lost 77 overnight .... what's wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I have a dish 1000 pointed at 119,110, and 129. My wing dish is pointed at 77. Therefore, HD locals come from 77 only. What now?
I have the same problem. I called Dish on Sunday and again today. They are "working on it." I told them it was unacceptable, and they offered to take the last 3 days off my bill.
I will keep bugging them until it's fixed.

I have the same problem. I called Dish on Sunday and again today. They are "working on it." I told them it was unacceptable, and they offered to take the last 3 days off my bill.

Wow, I bet their working twice as hard now since YOU called and complained.

Get over yourself.

This ain't the waterpump that's gone out on your car that's at the local garage. This is a satellite that's 22,000 miles up in space.

Last edited:
By the time they send someone out to fix it, they may end up moving the channels back to 77. I am still trying to figure out what satellite Charleston WV is on and if I need to do a repoint / put up another dish to get me and my friend's locals back.

You cant send someone out there to fix it (the satellite) it's over 22,000 miles out in space. Even the space shuttle only goes out about 300 miles.

Rest assured they have some of the best minds figuring out whats wrong and whats the best way to restore things. :)

Unfortunately hitting a couple buttons won't fix it in this case. We are working very hard and hoping to restore service to Echo 8 at the 77 degree orbital location by the end of the week. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on any information I receive.

The Flux Capacitor went out so that's why we are having trouble with the 77 satellite. Any one have any plutonium to replenish it?

Attachments

• image-3527642641.png
    image-3527642641.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 178
  • image-2962619334.png
    image-2962619334.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 157
Unfortunately hitting a couple buttons won't fix it in this case. We are working very hard and hoping to restore service to Echo 8 at the 77 degree orbital location by the end of the week. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on any information I receive.

I'll be watching for an update, Matt. My brother-in-law, now in Arkansas, is worried that he won't be able to see his beloved Packers in HD on Sunday. Please help!!!

Thanks!

I'll be watching for an update, Matt. My brother-in-law, now in Arkansas, is worried that he won't be able to see his beloved Packers in HD on Sunday. Please help!!!

Thanks!

Is this where someone steps in and says there's no help for a Packers fan? ;)

You know, this makes me really think how stupid it was of them in my market to install 77 wing dishes. I saw them (Dish) doing one and asked the guy why and he had told me that if the customer had a working WA HD setup, they were doing a wing for the locals. This was a while back, but I do hate that for the folks around here that have that setup.

I hope they are holding firmer on the 'true arc' setup. It is best for everyone, so they can remap...

i just want to say thanks to my company for forgetting to tell its own installers that 77 went down, and letting us find out the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts