Lost all signals on 113w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kruang

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Hi. I have a current setup on 97w and 113w picking up on the FTA channels from asia. Both are working Ok until a few days ago, the 113w had broken signal and finally went out. Both Level and Quality are at zero. The 97w signal is ok at all times. So, I used the Satellite finder to check for any problem, but signal found to be Ok on the LNB side. Then, I direct feed the cable and check the connection at the receiver. The signals are Ok. I reconnected to the box and nothing came up; the signals remained at zero. I did a factory reset on the box several times and the results were the same. The 97w signals are Ok at all time, but the 113w never came up. I'm really puzzled by this. I will try to borrow another STB from a friend to see if I will get the same result or not. But I will have to wait until the weekend to get it.

Could this be the STB issue? Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Tried you suggestion. There is no issue for the 97 connection when I did the cable switch. The 113 still has no signals at all. :( Thanks.

What is your set up > 2 dishes or is 113w off set16 degrees on one dish? If the latter alignment could well be your problem as the effective dish size would be well reduced

I got two dedicated dishes. One for 97 and one for 113.
You have no Signal Strength and No Quality on the 113 Dish even when you switched the cables?
Did you recheck your LNB settings in the Receiver?

In the past couple of days I noticed my signal on KU goes to 0 when I am watching on 97 but the quality reading stays ok. Some times it seems to freeze on the picture, as if I lost signal.
However, when I try another sat and then come back it usually does ok. A couple of times I would rescan and everything worked ok. I have not had any trouble on C Band. I think my problem was the settings changed or I did not have my skew just right. I am using a 10 ft disk and moving it by hand, because my motor is shot.
I am using a CaptiveWorks 800 that I bought new. I just did a factory download update. I hope that wasn't my problem.

I did all the setting reset and redo it with not success. I will try again tonight with a different STB from my friend. Hope it work.

Ok. I will try the lnb swap. Also, on the 113 dish setup, if I choose 113 on the STB, there is no signal or quality at all. However, if I change to 97 on the STB, the Signal came up about 90% with a bit of Quality. Is it possible that the 113 Ku band is gone? Thanks.

No Signal Strength is not a good thing.
Even if the 113 TP is no longer active, you should get Signal Strength by just having the receiver connected to the LNB.
Have you bypassed any / all switches, and double checked receiver's LNB settings?
If so, next would be to remove the LNB from the 97 Dish and install it on the 113 dish, see if you at least get Signal Strength.

Finally, I got it to work. Basically, the coolsat 5000, somehow, doesn't have the Ku band TP in the list. So, I have to go into the Manual Scan and added the TP...voila, all Ku channels came up. Thank you everyone. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts