Lost all timers on 510 PVR

jkohnman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi - Looking to see if anyone has the same problem.

The other day the timers did not update and were 'missing' from the list. I put the one I was concerned on then figured I'd do the rest the next day. The ones "missing" showed up overnight and all was back to normal.

Tonight ALL of the timers went missing. It would only allow me to add one, then said I had too many timers. (I had 34 before they all went away). I rebooted then it would let me 'add' a timer, but then it still showed zero timers in my list. I did not get back to the guide after adding the timer. I pulled the smart card, rebooted again, and I had zero timers again. Then I got the message that there were too many timers on there (42768 of 42768) and it would not allow me to add anything. Another reboot and still no timers, but then I could add them normal, and so far all seems back to good.

Anyone know if there was an update? All other functions seemed to be working, just problems with the timers.

Thanks
Jim

It is possible the EPG has not updated properly. Run a Check Switch Test and allow the 330 to download after the 015. Let it go for a couple of days. If it continues to do this, watch your recordings cause the DVR will need to be replaced. Event timers disappearing is fairly rare especially the way you are describing it. The only troubleshooting is to reset rcvr and check them and then replace it but a check switch test might get it working again so it atleast allows you to get timers and keep them for the most part. Call DISH if problem persists 1.888.DISH.123. Please let me know what happens.

Thanks for the help. I did have a lot of "No Info" in the guide before this happened (though it seemed only on the 'local' channels. I had the first game of the stanley cup set to record, and it did record. But when I turned on the TV it was 'black'. Then I rebooted, got live programming back, but when I went to watch the game, I couldn't get past the 'play' screen. The recording time left made it looks as if the game recorded. When I gave up and deleted it, I got a bunch of time back. Since then it seems to working normal again, at least so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts