lost audio on RFD tv AMC1@103

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Traxis DBS3500. Audio works on the other frequencies on AMC-1 bird as well as other birds. Just seem to have lost it on RFT-TV on AMC-1, tried both H and V polarizations. Thanks.

--Marc

ok, this is what I did to get audio on RFD tv, I am using a Sony audio/video receiver with AC3 capabilities, I had been putting in the settings manually in my Coolsat 5000, but tonite I rescanned the transponder that RFD tv is on and in poped the audio

I fired up my old Pansat 3500SD to check this out. I'm feeding a Sony STR-DG510 A/V receiver through an optical cable. Works fine on IonE, doesn't work on RFD. The receiver says IonE is Dolby Digital 2/0, RFD is Dolby Digital 1+1. I would have thought if it recognizes it, it would play it.

My Openbox S9 has sound on RFD. Maybe it's some new type of Dolby. I guess you could google it.

On the coolsat 5000, A blind scan picked up the AC 3 audio on other channels but did not pick up audio on RFD tv, however, I did a manual scan only on the transponder that RFD tv is on and it picked up the audio on RFD tv, hope this helps

My 3500 picks up the RFD AC3 audio. Sometimes the Pansat is a bit finicky though and you have to switch between channels to get the audio to work. Do a TP scan and the new audio AIDs should come up. Not sure why they needed to go to AC3 audio, I bet there are many loyal watchers who are having to upgrade their receivers. Hope they stay FTA!
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.