lost caller Id on 2 of my receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes I have DSL through verizon.
Never had an issue like this on my old Dish network receivers. Always worked like a charm and never quit working. these are a constant battle. :(

My DSL lines are separate from my voice lines. We noticed Caller ID not working yesterday on our HR24-500. We went and looked at the caller ID logs and it apparently stopped recording IDs at about noon on Saturday. I look at this more as a convenience rather than a "must have" feature. But I'm going to try deleting some IDs from teh log and see if it starts working again.

Same here but it's something I paid for the receiver and I pay for the option from Verizon it would be nice if it worked for the receiver.
No issues with it on My caller Id box or on the one phone I have with Id those never quit working.
I have a $9.99 caller Id box special from Radio shack I bough 11 years ago and that still works fine why not on a $200.00 satellite receiver?

I don't have DSL so I don't need filters, the HR24-500 caller ID stops working every two weeks after I reset it. I don't think adding filters will do anything to the problem.

I deleted the log and that doesn't fix it for me. Only rebooting the receiver works for me.

What does working on Phone lines have to do with Caller ID on a D* HR24?

My Phone caller ID works perfectly fine, So does the Caller ID on my Vonage service, So does the caller ID on my HR23.

You just hate it when someone has complaint about any D* product,service or feature.

Get Over yourself!

Apparently none of you know how CID works then.

My DSL lines are separate from my voice lines. We noticed Caller ID not working yesterday on our HR24-500. We went and looked at the caller ID logs and it apparently stopped recording IDs at about noon on Saturday. I look at this more as a convenience rather than a "must have" feature. But I'm going to try deleting some IDs from teh log and see if it starts working again.

THANK YOU ....

This is what I've been trying to say for quite awhile, (of course no one wants to hear from me .... Hemi, and the guy thats been here for 20 minutes, MemberOneFiveOh).

Personally, I think it's a software issue with the D* software they are running on the machines ....

However seeing so many hear, all KNOW better when it comes to PHONE issues, and if I ever said anything like this software issue, I would be chastised ....

Yes Hemi, you need to get a life .....

Is there an effective way to contact DirectV (other then there website) to let them know about this issue? It's sort of a real pain. I really like the caller ID feature and Would really like it to work for more then 4 or 5 days before I have to rstart the receiver and wait 10 minutes for it to boot back up again. I too think that it has to be a software glitch but e-miling them and giving them some details to the glitch rather then just bitch'in about it.. Yes I'm sure it's far down the "need to fix list" but if the option is there on the receiver it should work :( .

At home I consider the CID an unnecessary convenience but at work I worry about the possibility that CID not working effects my rate of non-responders when DTV pings. We just started getting charged back for non-responders. If the CID function failing added to the many fewer homes with landlines starts getting into my pocket then that's a different story. Can't afford to get charged back for non-responders when I've done all that can be done during an install to insure that as many ph lines are hooked up as possible.

I'm bringing this thread back, with a customer of mine who's gotten his caller ID to work on the HR24, but not on his H24. I'd just like to see this thread come to a solution... I'll try telling him to use the DSL filters, rebooting, and deleting the history.

I'm bringing this thread back, with a customer of mine who's gotten his caller ID to work on the HR24, but not on his H24. I'd just like to see this thread come to a solution... I'll try telling him to use the DSL filters, rebooting, and deleting the history.

Here it is November 2011 and I'm still having issues with caller ID on my h24 units. The one in my downstairs living room I'll reboot with the red button and it will work for a day or two and then my Aunt will say the caller ID isn't working again. So then I restart it again. I thought about trying a new phone cable just to make sure that isn't bad.

:fencing:I still have issues with my 2 receivers. A year later I will reset the receiver under the set up menu it works for 2 or 3 days and they quit working again. I know it's not a big deal but it's a option that is built in to them that I paid for and I pay for caller ID with Verizon so it would in theory be nice if the phone line and the receiver played well together.

tcpuccio1 said:
:fencing:I still have issues with my 2 receivers. A year later I will reset the receiver under the set up menu it works for 2 or 3 days and they quit working again. I know it's not a big deal but it's a option that is built in to them that I paid for and I pay for caller ID with Verizon so it would in theory be nice if the phone line and the receiver played well together.

Your right! It is an option built in and should work. As a retailer, we can create our own service calls as we please and we try all the above stated ( reboot, delete history, etc) but we end up replacing the rcvr and all is usually fine.

Yes called Id is rock solid in the house on my phones and my caller ID box. I have another set of receivers in an upstairs bedroom and those always work as well. Just these 2 are hit and miss. I may put my caller ID box on that line with the 2 problem receivers and if the ID box drops out as well.

i had a hdr24 -500 and replaced it with hdr24 100 and still cid still a problems .century tel check the line no problems .my line also a dsl line.cid work good on my hr 25 and the hr 23.

i had a hdr24 -500 and replaced it with hdr24 100 and still cid still a problems .century tel check the line no problems .my line also a dsl line.cid work good on my hr 25 and the hr 23.

This may have been asked previously, but do you have a filter on the line with the D* modem ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.