LOST CC ON SCI-FI HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dijohn76

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Montana, SW of Great Falls
Anyone else lose the closed captioning on Sci-Fi HD channel. When the Memorial weekend marathon started I lost CC and this is on movies that have been shown before with CC. I still have CC on all my other channels, so I assume it is not a receiver problem. I've emailed Sci-Fi 3 times and still no response.

I've lost captioning in similar fashion on sci-fi, discovery and TNT (just discovered the last one with the NBA playoffs.) I don't know if there are signal issues happening or what - on occasion a hard reboot of my 722 fixes it, but more frequently I just have to wait for it to sort itself out.

This is pretty frustrating, especially since captions on the SD version of the same channel work! It has been better these last few months than it was back in jan-feb before the last software update, so hopefully they're on the right track!

I had done everything, hard reboot, check switch etc. Emailed Sci-Fi about 4 times-never received an answer, then with Ghost Hunter today it magically reappeared, figures since I don't watch Ghost Hunter, I just hadn't changed the channel yet after watching Stargate:D We'll see if it keeps up. I never have had this with Sci-Fi HD before, have had some problems with others. Who knows!

Yeah....it's a bug that randomly hits my 722.

I have mine in a single TV setup and the weird thing is that it usually hits only ONE of the tuners.

Do a swap and the other tuner still has CC.

Only a reboot restores it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts