Lost DC light on 4Dtv c-band receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

big c band dish

Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Maine
On or about May 5th I lost channels 600 , 601 , 602 603, 604 , 606 & 607 on C-3 while the remaining channels I subscribe to on C-3 were OK , so yesterday I tried doing a online " rehit " at NPS on ch. 101 and I could not get the DC light to come on so I sent for the " rehit" anyway and went back to try the channels listed above and now all those channels listed above plus all my other digital channels went out . No DC light on any of them . I put my spare LNB on and still no reception . Tried fine tuning but I know I'm on C-3 as I receive analog channels 5 , 11 , 12 & 17 .

Could this be a case of a dead battery on my VC-2 board ? I tested it and it reads 2.85 volts . Pretty sure a full battery reads 3.6 volts.

Thanks . AL

No DC light on receiver

Yep , tried a rehit on G-1 also but without the DC light it won't work . Gotta find out what made the DC light go out in the first place .

I tried a friends 922 4Dtv rec. but had to put my board in as he never updated to the newer slotted card type like mine has so I put my board in it hooked it up but had the same results ... no DC light , hence no digital reception .

but had to put my board in as he never updated to the newer slotted card type like mine has so I put my board in it hooked it up but had the same results
The VCII Board? Leave it out, it's no longer used.

If you can, take your receiver to your friends, see if you get a DCII light there.

Problem found and repaired , bad wire where cable goes underground in back of the dish . Been using the same 12 foot 3 piece fiberglass dish since July 1 , 1983 .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)