Lost even transponders on 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CygnusTM

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Sometime last night, I lost all the even transponders on the 101 satellite. We had some storms come through last night, so I'm wondering if this could be an alignment issue or do I have some bad equipment. What are typically the causes of this kind of outage? Before I wait in the phone queue at DTV, I thought I'd check with the gurus here.

Well it could have simply been a rain-fade event, if so, the issue would pass moments later, but if it [the outage] lasted far beyond the existance of the storm cell, i.e, if you suspect it is beyond a rain-fade event, you may have a water intrusion problem, could you describe the system in more detail, i.e. is there a multiswitch, is it outside, is there a drip loop at the ground block and switch, are the connectors [hex] crimps or compression fittings?, etc.

I have a System III dish which is connected to a 4x8 powered multiswitch which is inside. When I get home I'll check for water intrusion.

I have a System III dish which is connected to a 4x8 powered multiswitch which is inside. When I get home I'll check for water intrusion.

Also cheak each connector (as mentioned by the other poster) to make sure the stinger [center conductor] is long enough AND that there is no outer conductor touching the stinger, check this at every barrel connector, ground block, switch, and STBs.

Remember, unplug the power (shutting them off is NOT good enough) from ALL STBs before removing and connecting coax, not doing so _could_ result in accidental shorting of the LNB(s).

Let us know.

Good luck.

I lost my local channels not to far back.Just one day there was a blank screen. I just reset and it was fine.HR-20 takes a LONG time to reset.About 10-20 minutes.H20 about 5 -10 . My d-10 3-5 minutes

It turned out to be water infiltration on the on-dish OTA antenna I installed. It never really worked anyway, so I took it off and everything was back to normal. Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)