Lost HD on reactivated receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
I recently activated a HR-21 700 receiver and i get all sd channels but no Hd channels. My setup is two Hr-21 coming from slimline-3s (SWM) going through a 4 way splitter to the receivers. The other Hr-21 receives HD and Sd fine, when i check the sat signals the one receiver sees the 101, 99 , 103 and swm ok, but the other receiver only shows seeing the 101 and swm. I have switched the cabling between the two and have done several reboots to the receiver. It has been about 48 hours since i reactivated. Any ideas?

I recently activated a HR-21 700 receiver and i get all sd channels but no Hd channels. My setup is two Hr-21 coming from slimline-3s (SWM) going through a 4 way splitter to the receivers. The other Hr-21 receives HD and Sd fine, when i check the sat signals the one receiver sees the 101, 99 , 103 and swm ok, but the other receiver only shows seeing the 101 and swm. I have switched the cabling between the two and have done several reboots to the receiver. It has been about 48 hours since i reactivated. Any ideas?

Do you have the BBC's connected to the problem dvr? You need them in your setup.

i thought with a swm i do not need the bbc's. Am i wrong?

You are right, I didn't see the parenthesizes! My bad. :eek: Is the splitter the type used with a SWM?

Have you called DirecTV? Sometimes they need to re-send the authorization for programming. It happened to me once.

Although, after re-reading your post, and your missing satellite signals, I think you have a receiver problem. I am sure you have reset the receiver with the red button and gone through the set-up again?

Last edited:
Have you called DirecTV? Sometimes they need to re-send the authorization for programming. It happened to me once.

Although, after re-reading your post, and your missing satellite signals, I think you have a receiver problem. I am sure you have reset the receiver with the red button and gone through the set-up again?

Resets should be done through the menu when possible.

gee thanks for that little educational tidbit..........

Wildbill, it's always been better to use the menu for resets, use the RBR as a last resort, actually unplugging it would be the last resort.

Think of how you turn your computer off (these boxes are basically computers) you use the Start button, not the power button.
You can turn it off with the power button, but it's not advisable.

Wildbill, it's always been better to use the menu for resets, use the RBR as a last resort, actually unplugging it would be the last resort.

Think of how you turn your computer off (these boxes are basically computers) you use the Start button, not the power button.
You can turn it off with the power button, but it's not advisable.

Jimbo,

I've been working on computers professionally and privately for 20 years. I know what a forced power off on a computer can do.

I do not think the red button is the end all that some say it is. The big problem is when the DVR is recording you will not get the pop ups advising recordings will be lost. Other than that, there is little risk of any damage. If there was, it wouldn't be so easy to access. In fact, in DirecTV's own literature it states it as an either or not a "don't push the red button or the DVR may blow up!"

My video and audio are out of sync.
Try changing channels.
Press LIST, then EXIT.
If neither of those work, restart your DIRECTV Plus HD DVR. Press the RESET button behind the access panel door on the front of the DIRECTV Plus HD DVR. You can also press MENU, press SELECT on Settings, then SELECT Setup. Select the Reset item from the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions.

My point to the OP was he should try a reset if he hadn't already. It doesn't matter now it's been replaced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)