Lost HD STL locals... again

Oblong Desoto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
USA
This is the second night in a row that my HD locals fed from 118.7 are all transmitting a silent blank screen. Does anybody know... is that satellite is dying, or is the St. Louis uplink just fouled-up? :(

My SD locals and all other channels are good.

Thanks,

-OD

No STL locals blank screens but ...

No blank screens have occurred to the best of my knowledge, but the audio dropouts and playback freezing of the STL HD feeds seem to be be getting worse on my 722 -- or at least more irritating. I have tried all the resets -- from the setup switch tests to front panel resets to unplugging the 722 and the power inserter. Grumble....grumble.

Are you using HDMI? I did have some HDMI related blank screen issues a while back -- but that affected all channels.

I have the same audio dropout issues ... very annoying. Seems worse on KMOV.

I am using HDMI, but when I called Dish Tech Support they confirmed that there was an outage affecting St. Louis HD feeds, so it wasn't just me. Plus, I have 2 DVR's, and both were displaying the blank channels while reporting normal signal lock. I have blank recordings for Without a Trace and Law and Order SVU last night.

Audio dropouts

I have really noticed the audio dropouts on KTVI Fox 2. When I playback the Sarah Connor Chronicles it is pretty bad. I usually watch the OTA version which is much better. I am in OFallon, MO so I am a ways out and can still get the OTA HD signal clear as a bell with cheap Terk indoor antenna.

OTA Locals

Maybe I should try the OTA solution. It would be nice to have KETC and KPLR in HD.

Recently, I built one of those "coat hanger" dipole UHF antennas. It's ugly, but the thing works spectacularly well!

This is the second night in a row that my HD locals fed from 118.7 are all transmitting a silent blank screen. Does anybody know... is that satellite is dying, or is the St. Louis uplink just fouled-up? :(

My SD locals and all other channels are good.

Thanks,

-OD

Same thing happened to me last night. It's really quite ridiculous.

I am in St. Louis (Arnold) and it seems issues with Tp 18 on 118 (Channels 2 and 5) are pandemicl. As I have said over and over again, I would lose signal (not just drops) about once a day on those 2 stations (HD version only). I adjusted the elevation of my Dish a tad based on TP 18 on the Install Menus and literally, I went from like 7-8 signal to between 25-30+ and have not had a single issue since. My FIL was having the same issue. Not sure if it is possible, but it almost seems as if there was somehow either a shift in the orientation of the bird, or reduction of power to the TP (I do not know any of the technical speak), however, at least in my case, the tweak worked. I recorded all of SCC Monday night and watched it without any issues whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts