Lost local in Eastern NC (Alert on HD Locals from DIRECTV)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Has anyone else lost their local channels, like WITN, WCTI etc.

Mine are gone in Central Florida... and the tech was a lot of help... and no service call until Wednesday... not that I figure they'll find anything here.

hmmm that's odd I lost mine too (in Western Ma) I had them earlier today

I'm in New Hampshire also, and I have locals, but not local HD channels
Thanks for the update. I "unhid" the SD chans, but forgot to change my favorites to one that included the SD chans. -- HD local chans now have an onscreen message saying they are having technical difficulties.

I'm in the Raleigh market - don't have HD locals - switched to SD have picture - messing up my DVR recordings

A rep just told me that DTV's broadcast center antenna is out because of the hurricane, and they are working on fixing it. She gave no estimate as to when it would be fixed and indicated that it was affecting pretty much the whole east coast.

Alert on HD Locals from DIRECTV

[h=5]Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.[/h]

Scott Greczkowski said:
[h=5]Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.[/h]

They forgot to mention Indi, we've been battling them for about 2-3 months now

how do you "unhide " the SD signal? (serious question, I thought all I had was HD locals on my HD set) I have SD only on my bedroom set
Thanks! :)

Statement from DirecTV:

Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Thank you and stay safe.

Statement from DirecTV:

Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Thank you and stay safe.

Hmmm, Which one doesn't belong ?

Beaumont TX ... Really, Seriously ... Beaumont TX locals are OUT for this reason ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts