Lost NHLN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see how rounding down would result in Absolute losing it. Makes no sense. I don't think the NHL network wants to lose viewers. Seems this was to add viewers. I believe this is a mistake.

Last edited:
Who said they're trying to get you to change packages? Why would you think Dish is out to get you?

They re-tiered a channel out of the package that you currently have -- this happens from time to time. Just look at channels that have been pulled in the past like Voom off Dish, or Versus off DirecTV, etc.

Dish has pulled the NHL channel from the Absolute package. The examples you refer to were channels pulled from the ENTIRE Dish and DirecTV service. Big difference.

I don't think Dish is "out to get me". But I think they would like to discontinue the Absolute package, because they made a tactical marketing error in offering it. They recognized that and closed subscription to the package soon after.

Dish has pulled the NHL channel from the Absolute package. The examples you refer to were channels pulled from the ENTIRE Dish and DirecTV service. Big difference.
Sort of -- the annoyed customer reaction is the same.

When negotiations are done for the channels there are 2 key factors: rates and distribution. So in the case of Versus on D* the sticking point is that there is a disagreement about which tiers the channel will be available in. If DirecTV gets what they want in that dispute, a bunch of people who previously had Versus will lose it from their package as well, and some would get it back.

Since the package distribution just changed for the NHL network, the contract was probably just renegotiated resulting in new tiering and costs.

But I think they would like to discontinue the Absolute package, because they made a tactical marketing error in offering it. They recognized that and closed subscription to the package soon after.
Dish could force you to switch to another package if they really wanted to get people off Absolute. There would be no reason for them to do this though, at least for as long as the channels originally offered in Jan of 2008 are still under the same contracts. The package was apparently profitable under the negotiated channel contracts when they created the package, so I wouldn't expect them to end Absolute until enough of the contracts are up for renewal that they can't keep the same channel pricing, or through the course of other negotiations enough channels get pulled from the package as to invalidate it as a serious offering.

You mean Dish has to pay for this channel? We should get a reduction in our bill then. :D Like that's ever going to happen.

Very strange (to me) that we're still getting NHL SD.

And the talk of this channel being re-tiered out of Absolute kinda makes no sense. Absolute is a tier-less package. E* should be required to notify us in advance of these type of removals. Their process of keeping their customers informed sucks.

I'm thinking that when they changed it to the 200 level package, the flag got messed up so Absolute customers can't see it now. You guys still getting the SD version makes me think this is not intentional.

Very strange (to me) that we're still getting NHL SD.

And the talk of this channel being re-tiered out of Absolute kinda makes no sense. Absolute is a tier-less package. E* should be required to notify us in advance of these type of removals. Their process of keeping their customers informed sucks.

Right on! And the NHL Channel was "tiered down" (from 250 to 200) rather than "tiered up", which is usually the case, so it should have been added only.

Dish probably doesn't even know they removed it from Absolute. But if you call to complain that you have only the SD channel, they will probably say you have been getting that channel for free, since you are supposed to be getting only HD channels...and then they will shut down the SD channel!

I posted earlier that I lost NHL Network in HD with Turbo Gold+Platinum. I continued to receive the SD version and CSR's couldn't help me. I emailed a contact I have at Dish and late Friday afternoon received an email response from Programming stating HD service was restored. I'm on vacation right now so I can't check this out until 2-1-10. If I don't have NHL Network in HD, I'll post an update after 2-1-10.

The following was in an e-mail that I got from Dish about recieving NHL at no additional cost although I already recieved it in the Platinum & Gold HD add-on with the Gold 250 package.

In the e-mail, Dish states,
"
NHL Network is available in Classic Silver 200, SilverHD, TurboHD Silver and higher programming packages."

The following was in an e-mail that I got from Dish about recieving NHL at no additional cost although I already recieved it in the Platinum & Gold HD add-on with the Gold 250 package.

In the e-mail, Dish states,
"
NHL Network is available in Classic Silver 200, SilverHD, TurboHD Silver and higher programming packages."

Can you forward that email to me? I talked to a csr yesterday and they said NHLN wasn't available to me as a TurboHD Silver sub.

They been running commercials on TV that say NHL Network is "now available in all Silver packages".

This was my latest chat. I've tried 4 times now with the same results...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: It is correct that it was added but on your end you have the Turbo package which does not include that channel.
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: For you to get it, you will need to get the standard channel first then add the HD package on it.
: what difference does that make? I'm turbo silver...silver and above packages
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: This channels is available on Classic package and add on HD package not on the Turbo package.
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: The turbo package has all HD only.
:
all the literature states silver and higher packages...I does not state except turbo HD customers

: my online BILL stated it was now a part of my subscription package
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: Yes, " Silver" meaning not the TURBO HD Silver but the Classic Silver package.
: where does it say classic? just silver packages and higher
: my online BILL stated it was now a part of my subscription package
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: I apologize but again it is not part of your package and not available on the Turbo package.
: why not to Turbo subs?
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: Because the Turbo packages has purely HD channels only and this channel cannot be added on your account unless you have it first in standard.
: even though the channel is available in HD as well
(03mk) Anjo G. 6TF: Yes, regardless.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Can you forward that email to me? I talked to a csr yesterday and they said NHLN wasn't available to me as a TurboHD Silver sub.

The e-mail even has an option to view it as a webpage. I logged out my e-mail, and the hyperlink still worked without me being logged in. The link is: https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/formlink/f?KpkoQWDA
Refer the CSR to the information at the bottom of the page that states:
"NHL Network is available in Classic Silver 200, SilverHD, TurboHD Silver and higher programming packages."

I do not see how they can possibly tell you differently. If anything, you should get some type of credit for having to go through so many CSRs.

If you still need the forward, please let me know. However, it is the same as the web page. Good luck, but I do not think you should have any trouble now. :D

The e-mail even has an option to view it as a webpage. I logged out my e-mail, and the hyperlink still worked without me being logged in. The link is: https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/formlink/f?KpkoQWDA
Refer the CSR to the information at the bottom of the page that states:
"NHL Network is available in Classic Silver 200, SilverHD, TurboHD Silver and higher programming packages."

I do not see how they can possibly tell you differently. If anything, you should get some type of credit for having to go through so many CSRs.

If you still need the forward, please let me know. However, it is the same as the web page. Good luck, but I do not think you should have any trouble now. :D

Didn't work :(
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
: no problem
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: Thank you.
: please refer to this link...an email sent by dish network and see the additional info at the bottom of the page refering to TurboHD silver https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/formlink/f?KpkoQWDA
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: Let me check the link.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: Thank you for your time and patience.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I am unable to access the above link.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I have checked all the details for you and I am sorry to inform you that the NFL Network channel is not available with Turbo HD Silver. It is available with Classic Silver 200 or above package.
: if you highlight copy and past the link it works...I just did it myself
: NHL Network, I have the NFL Network
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I understand you can access to that link, however I do not have access to that link.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: We can access to only our company web site.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: Apart from our company link, I can not access to any other links.
: New programming has been added to your current subscription package. Order Now »
view as web page | update preferences | unsubscribe
Great News!

DISH Network has now made NHL Network a part of your current subscription package at no additional cost.

It's the only network 100% dedicated to total hockey coverage via live games, nightly highlights shows, up-to-the-minute hockey news, and exclusive programming and special events you can't see anywhere

: NHL Network is available in Classic Silver 200, SilverHD, TurboHD Silver and higher programming packages.
NHL Network name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2010. All Rights Reserved.

To ensure email delivery, please add dishnetwork@dishnetworkmail.com to your address book.

©2010, DISH Network L.L.C. All rights reserved.
9601 S. Meridian Blvd., Englewo

: says Turbo HD silver
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I understand your concern, I would like to inform you that, the Turbo HD silver channel was available before the August 2009 and after that this channel was removed from the Turbo HD silver.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: However the NFL Network channel is available with Turbo HD silver.
: hate being given information from Dish, only to get conflicting info from the CSR's
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I understand your concern.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: I wish I could provide you the NHL Network channel with your current package.
(03a) Smidth M. BCM: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Double check it today guys, there was a package change uplink earlier today and now it is once again showing up on my remote access guide (NHL-HD on 403). Won't be home until 6pm, so can't double check it until then...

Double check it today guys, there was a package change uplink earlier today and now it is once again showing up on my remote access guide (NHL-HD on 403). Won't be home until 6pm, so can't double check it until then...

Absolute w/ Locals here. NHL-HD is showing up once again, just verified via the Slingbox.

TurboHD Silver here, NHL network on 403 in on. It's not a preview either because I made sure to check 102. Good news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)