Lost phoenix locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
We have moved from ApacheJunction were we were getting the locals out of Phoenix they were working great for a few days then this morning all of them kept going in and out.I wonder if I;m on the edge of the beam down here and should change my address so as to get Tuson locals.

Check the satmaps link at the top of the page. It has a drop down menu for Phoenix that will show the coverage area. You should get reliable reception up to the pink line.

Phoenix HD locals are on satellite 103S transponder 15. What is your signal on that, maybe check afternoon and evening. If you are dipping into 70s or lower it will be best to move (assuming your signals on 103CA/CB are in the 90s.

If you are SD only the locals are on satellite 101 transponder 20.

We don't have HD when the signal was lost the meter was at 95 now all is well so it might have been a problem with there feed from Phoenix on all the networks.I forgot to mention we moved down to Why AZ not even one radio station thank God for sat.

She's well within the footprint of the Phoenix locals. Apache Junction is 30 +/- miles from central Phoenix.

Edit: We read her question wrong.... she moved from Apache Junction where reception was not a problem to Why AZ where it was. I haven't checked but my guess is Why is within Phoenix's footprint. I still get Phoenix stations at my cabin 140 mi. north of my location near Phoenix.
Any case looks like she OK for now. The location of Why is about the same distance from Phoenix or Tucson

Last edited:
On the way down here this fall we picked up the Phoenix locals in Gallup New Mexico clear as a bell

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)