Lost signal during rain and during two days after rain?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Guys
I am on New leasing House that it has One big OTA antena with Big thin Pole (around 14 feet of height) mounted into ground yard.. The signal is Good I have alot HD and 480i local Channels in My two TV's connected with splitter switch but when is Raining my signal is droping and I lost a lot channels, the strange on this is that my normal quality of signal is coming after one or two days.:eek:. appears that something is still wet after raining ..
I do not what is going on?:eek:
I do not If I need to ground this antenna or I need to replace the Coaxial Cable..I have looked the details of the antenna looks well but the conectors appears rusty, the pole appears rusty
The long of the cable is about 15-20 meters aprox between antena to the Tv. I did not see any cut border on the RG cable but is Older..
what you recommend to me?

Thanks in advance

Replace the entire outdoor cable with good quality, black RG-6 coaxial cable. Rainwater is causing an electrical short circuit somewhere along the cable because it is very old. This moisture degrades the broadcast signals until the cable dries out. This occurs very often with aging coaxial cable. Be sure to buy black cable, because black cable resists degradation from the ultraviolet (UV) rays in sunshine better than any other color.

When you buy the cable, buy a "coaxial transformer," also known as a "balun," and replace that, too. The transformer may also be worn out. It allows you to connect the coaxial cable to most antennas. Transformers are very inexpensive.

Replace the entire outdoor cable with good quality, black RG-6 coaxial cable. Rainwater is causing an electrical short circuit somewhere along the cable because it is very old. This moisture degrades the broadcast signals until the cable dries out. This occurs very often with aging coaxial cable. Be sure to buy black cable, because black cable resists degradation from the ultraviolet (UV) rays in sunshine better than any other color.

When you buy the cable, buy a "coaxial transformer," also known as a "balun," and replace that, too. The transformer may also be worn out. It allows you to connect the coaxial cable to most antennas. Transformers are very inexpensive.

Plus 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts