Lost signal for AMC4 ( 101 )

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I am sorry for posting here but I am still unable to post on the FTA forum. I don't know why.

I set up my DirecTV Worldvision (36") w/Ku lnb to view 101 and consequently I was also able to receive channels from the 103 sat on the same lnb. I had the dish on a tripod and decided it was time to move it to the roof and make it stationary.

The mast is plumb, dish is set to correct EL/AZ and Skew. However, I am able to get good signal on 103 still but can't get anything on 101. Any ideas are most welcomed. Thanks.

Hey All,

Well I started from zero 'again' and reset all settings, i.e. EL/AZ & Skew, for sat 101. Unfortunately, I can't hit 101 but instead can hit sat 103. It is a straight forward thing to set the settings on this issue but still can't hit 101 from Brea, CA. :confused:

I am not sure what you are trying to do. Please clarify.....

Are you trying to receive 103 and 101 (AMC4) satellites at the same time with the DirecTV Worldvision dish using a single KU LNBF?

or

Are you now only able to receive 103 and you want to receive 101 (AMC4) instead?

BTW: The strongest transponder on 101 is 3ABN at 11822 H 5700 and will be easier to aim the dish. 12120 V 30000 is on the 101 (AMC4) satellite, but it is considerably weaker transponder.

I am now only able to receive 103 and I want to receive 101 (AMC4) instead.

Select Satellite AMC4 KU, LNB LO 10750, Transponder 11822, Polarity H, Symbol Rate 5700.

Lower the dish by one degree, pan the dish east 3 degrees and rotate the LNBF (or dish) clockwise 24 degrees (standing in front of the dish). You are very close!

Thanks SatelliteAV,

You know what though, I had the dish set up on a tripod all was working well and I was primarily getting the 101 sat along with some 103 sat channels on one LNB. I took the dish off the tri-pod to place on mast on roof. In the process I accidently reset my box ( Coolsat 4K Pro ). When I went back into settings to set for 101 sat, I could no longer get any green bars regardless of the TP. ( I can get 103 sat OK though.)

This is pretty much what happened.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)