Lost Some Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
Hey All,

I have about a dozen local channels that I can receive off-air. Most of those have a .2, and 4 of them have a .3 channel. On most of them, .1 does not come on through my AM21. The .2s are all fine, and 1 of the .3 channels does not come in. The receiver reads "Searching for signal on off-air tuner (792)." According to the meter in the DVR, signal strength is 99-100 on all channels, and everything works fine on my ATSC STB.

Everything worked fine until recently.

Any thoughts?

A 792 code is a guide data issue I think. Is there information in the guide about these channels? Maybe it has to repopulate.

I've reset via the menu, redone the antenna setup, and power-cycled the AM-21 a couple of times. Red button is next, with power-cycling my DVR after that (if needed).

792 means there is no signal on that station. I run into that sometimes late at night when one of the stations signs off

792 means there is no signal on that station. I run into that sometimes late at night when one of the stations signs off

The stations are 24/7 stations and the .1s are the main channels. Where my ATSC STB has no issues at all and signal strength according to the DVR's meter is 100%, I really can't blame the antenna. I am ~6 miles or so from the towers, so LOS and orientation is no issue. For the past year or so, I have been having to reset my DVR every so often as communications with the AM-21 would go away. I have been having concerns about the AM-21 itself (I've had it since they came out).

The front panel reset did nothing. Power-cycling it and leaving it powered down for ~15-20 minutes brought everything back up. Because of the way the powering is done between the AM-21 and DVR, it's hard to say for certain which unit was the culprit, but I suspect it was the AM-21.

A couple of weeks ago, there was another thread in which the OP lost YouTube and some of his locals. I wonder if it was the same issue/resolution.

The stations are 24/7 stations

I'm sure they are as most stations are now 24/7. I was merely stating that the error message you got is when the AM21 can't lock a signal from the OTA station. I used the example I run into at night when one of the stations I get OTA signs off every night at 1:07AM :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)