Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
Hey All,

I have about a dozen local channels that I can receive off-air. Most of those have a .2, and 4 of them have a .3 channel. On most of them, .1 does not come on through my AM21. The .2s are all fine, and 1 of the .3 channels does not come in. The receiver reads "Searching for signal on off-air tuner (792)." According to the meter in the DVR, signal strength is 99-100 on all channels, and everything works fine on my ATSC STB.

Everything worked fine until recently.

Any thoughts?

A 792 code is a guide data issue I think. Is there information in the guide about these channels? Maybe it has to repopulate.

I've reset via the menu, redone the antenna setup, and power-cycled the AM-21 a couple of times. Red button is next, with power-cycling my DVR after that (if needed).

792 means there is no signal on that station. I run into that sometimes late at night when one of the stations signs off

792 means there is no signal on that station. I run into that sometimes late at night when one of the stations signs off

The stations are 24/7 stations and the .1s are the main channels. Where my ATSC STB has no issues at all and signal strength according to the DVR's meter is 100%, I really can't blame the antenna. I am ~6 miles or so from the towers, so LOS and orientation is no issue. For the past year or so, I have been having to reset my DVR every so often as communications with the AM-21 would go away. I have been having concerns about the AM-21 itself (I've had it since they came out).

The front panel reset did nothing. Power-cycling it and leaving it powered down for ~15-20 minutes brought everything back up. Because of the way the powering is done between the AM-21 and DVR, it's hard to say for certain which unit was the culprit, but I suspect it was the AM-21.

A couple of weeks ago, there was another thread in which the OP lost YouTube and some of his locals. I wonder if it was the same issue/resolution.

The stations are 24/7 stations

I'm sure they are as most stations are now 24/7. I was merely stating that the error message you got is when the AM21 can't lock a signal from the OTA station. I used the example I run into at night when one of the stations I get OTA signs off every night at 1:07AM :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts