Lost Speed TV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Outlier

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
:(
Poop Apparatnly DTV is messing with transponders again as of Sunday I no longer have Speed TV - Searching for Satelite.

Any ideas out there?

I am probably south of you

I am in a deep fringe area in the south.
So I think DTV has messes with transponders.

PPV I was not getting are now back on, but other are now off?

Still getting the locals etc. but only western feeds. I pay for locals in addition to the basic Plus.

:confused:

10 to 1, it's Canada, fringe my ass! ;)

If you're not in Canada, then just complain to D*, if you are a paying sub and are in the US, they will fix it, otherwise, tough luck, you can't scam a transponder beam.

If you're not in Canada, then just complain to D*, if you are a paying sub and are in the US, they will fix it, otherwise, tough luck, you can't scam a transponder beam.
In a 1/31/07 post he has a 6' dish more than likely the Islands or Mexico.:)

Last edited:
South, North, meh, different border, same advice, not like I'd bother trying to get Mexican or Canadian TV, too many other things in life to work on, why anyone would scam to get American [or any] TV, is beyond me to begin with, doesn't anyone have any scruples anymore? everyone is thinking like criminals.

D* is within it's legal boundaries limiting transponder coverage to their licensed footprints [in fact, I believe they are law-bound], if you want USA programming [only god knows why anyone would want it so bad, that they would scam to get it], either move to the USA [and frankly, we all know THAT is the ONLY [legit] solution in this case], or man up, and do without, I want to see new episodes of Dr. Who, but you don't see me lying and scamming BBC to get it, instead, I park my ass, watch the old crap, and hope they provide the new ones to me through legit means, else, I do without.

Sorry, but we see posts like this all the time, do you expect that someone here will [or even could] hack D*'s systems [sorry, this is a 100% legit site], and reposition the transponder just for you?, just so you can see some rednecks play vroom vroom, I mean what do you people who post these things expect from us in that situation?, fact is, you may pay for the programming, but you have 0 rights to get this programming outside of the USA, period, whatever this or any site calls it, [i.e. 'moving' or 'brokering', etc], it's still fraud, fraud to feed your kids is one thing, I can deal with that, but fraud to watch TV? .....

You had your scammed TV for this long, I mean, you come on here, and LIE to us [fringe?, you must think we're retarded, how dare you insult us so, then have the nerve to ask for help] well, D* finally got wise to it, be a man, and deal with it, unless you are a paying sub in the USA, you have no right to say a thing [it is the SAME thing as the game pirates who post to the games developer forums to bitch about bugs in a game they stole], be grateful for what you _can_ [still] watch, like Richard Pryor said to Bill Cosby, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the F*k up." (I mean that as a joke, honest)

As for SpeedTV, I'll save you some time, the winner in the race is ALWAYS the guy who was raised in a small town, and is in the car in the lead at the end.

;)

Last edited:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so forgive my stupidity. I live in the thumb of Michigan and I lose the Speed channel all the time. Zero single on trans 1 and 80-90 on trans 2. What does Canada have to do with this? Is there a window that the signal works within and am I on the edge of that window?

South, North, meh, different border, same advice, not like I'd bother trying to get Mexican or Canadian TV, too many other things in life to work on, why anyone would scam to get American [or any] TV, is beyond me to begin with, doesn't anyone have any scruples anymore? everyone is thinking like criminals.

D* is within it's legal boundaries limiting transponder coverage to their licensed footprints [in fact, I believe they are law-bound], if you want USA programming [only god knows why anyone would want it so bad, that they would scam to get it], either move to the USA [and frankly, we all know THAT is the ONLY [legit] solution in this case], or man up, and do without, I want to see new episodes of Dr. Who, but you don't see me lying and scamming BBC to get it, instead, I park my ass, watch the old crap, and hope they provide the new ones to me through legit means, else, I do without.

Sorry, but we see posts like this all the time, do you expect that someone here will [or even could] hack D*'s systems [sorry, this is a 100% legit site], and reposition the transponder just for you?, just so you can see some rednecks play vroom vroom, I mean what do you people who post these things expect from us in that situation?, fact is, you may pay for the programming, but you have 0 rights to get this programming outside of the USA, period, whatever this or any site calls it, [i.e. 'moving' or 'brokering', etc], it's still fraud, fraud to feed your kids is one thing, I can deal with that, but fraud to watch TV? .....

You had your scammed TV for this long, I mean, you come on here, and LIE to us [fringe?, you must think we're retarded, how dare you insult us so, then have the nerve to ask for help] well, D* finally got wise to it, be a man, and deal with it, unless you are a paying sub in the USA, you have no right to say a thing [it is the SAME thing as the game pirates who post to the games developer forums to bitch about bugs in a game they stole], be grateful for what you _can_ [still] watch, like Richard Pryor said to Bill Cosby, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the F*k up." (I mean that as a joke, honest)

As for SpeedTV, I'll save you some time, the winner in the race is ALWAYS the guy who was raised in a small town, and is in the car in the lead at the end.

;)

I live right here in the good old USA, and I can't stand your self righteous crap. All of the views you reveal in this email are idiosynchratic egocentric anathema. Most people look for the best value for their buck, some people look for ways to put down anyone who doesn't exactly fit their demographic and/or might be smart enough to get ahead of them in this world. Prejudice has a place, i.e. - in filtering right from wrong, or basing good judgement on past experience, but your prejudice has no place in determining whether or not someone receives a signal or not. Have you ever violated a law in the United States such as exceeded the speed limit?

P.S. NASCAR is one of my favorite sports.

I live right here in the good old USA, and I can't stand your self righteous crap. All of the views you reveal in this email are idiosynchratic egocentric anathema. Most people look for the best value for their buck, some people look for ways to put down anyone who doesn't exactly fit their demographic and/or might be smart enough to get ahead of them in this world. Prejudice has a place, i.e. - in filtering right from wrong, or basing good judgement on past experience, but your prejudice has no place in determining whether or not someone receives a signal or not. Have you ever violated a law in the United States such as exceeded the speed limit?

P.S. NASCAR is one of my favorite sports.
Dave,
damaged is generally very helpful, and he was in this post as well, afterall D* IS suppose to be vewed in the United States only, thus the complaints about people outside of the US complaining about a signal loss.

fwiw, YES D* does have a specific footprint that all the sats beam to and with the curent spotbeam technology as well, they can make the footprint all the narrower as they see fit.

As for those losing Speed Channel, call D* and ask them about it, could be a glitch, you do need to have a specific package, make sure that your package did not get changed somehow... ya know , computers work in strange ways ...

Jimbo

congrats on stereotyping. wanna say that we're all rednecks too?

What do you mean?

It is interesting on how you seemed to get that from my post so easily, are you saying being a redneck is a BAD thing?, some people are quite proud to be a redneck, and you accuse ME of stereotyping?

The only thing I called rednecks was the race car drivers, because they ARE, where you got the idea of me calling _you_ all rednecks, I have no idea.

What do you mean?

It is interesting on how you seemed to get that from my post so easily, are you saying being a redneck is a BAD thing?, some people are quite proud to be a redneck, and you accuse ME of stereotyping?

The only thing I called rednecks was the race car drivers, because they ARE, where you got the idea of me calling _you_ all rednecks, I have no idea.

Not exactly, it may have been that way back in the day, but now Nascar drivers are from all over the country, you can no longer stereotype them in one big bunch.

Jimbo

Not exactly, it may have been that way back in the day, but now Nascar drivers are from all over the country, you can no longer stereotype them in one big bunch.

Jimbo

After what went down with Jeff Gordon IMO I don't know.

AFTER what happend to Jeff Gordon, those are not the drivers your referring to then. You are referring to the fans, thas a bigger demographic now...

Thanks for all the feedback on my problem? Great Forum! I tracked down the problem to a dead multi-switch, no thanks to you pricks.

Thanks for all the feedback on my problem? Great Forum! I tracked down the problem to a dead multi-switch, no thanks to you pricks.

Did you expect one of us to come over and fix it for you?

I come here everyday for info. Trying to stay on top of things. What this thread has taught me is, if you have a specific question or need help, either look elsewhere or ask your question in fear of being stomped on. I hope this is not the standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.