Lost Speed TV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I come here everyday for info. Trying to stay on top of things. What this thread has taught me is, if you have a specific question or need help, either look elsewhere or ask your question in fear of being stomped on. I hope this is not the standard.

He is not supposed to get D* signal outside the united states, he then lies to us (south fringe my ass), so forgive us if we don't like illegal signal use and being lied to, obviously either this is the only thread you have ever read on here, or this one thread means more to you than all the thousands of threads that DID help people, if you are that petty, there's the door, we don't you that bad.

He is not supposed to get D* signal outside the united states, he then lies to us (south fringe my ass), so forgive us if we don't like illegal signal use and being lied to, obviously either this is the only thread you have ever read on here, or this one thread means more to you than all the thousands of threads that DID help people, if you are that petty, there's the door, we don't you that bad.

That'a what I mean. I haven't made many posts here. I was speaking as an uninterested observer. I don't know enough about the issue to form an opinion on whether he was lying or not. I was just telling you how it looks to an "outsider" What I said was the truth; because of this thread, I will approach the need to ask for help with trepidation. Apparently, you use the wrong buzz words, you will be serverly castigated. I knew that I would be jumped on but I feel like it needed to be said. You came off (in my opinion) as overly harsh. Is this the rule in this place, you state your opinion and you're asked to leave. Interesting.

I live right here in the good old USA, and I can't stand your self righteous crap. All of the views you reveal in this email are idiosynchratic egocentric anathema. Most people look for the best value for their buck, some people look for ways to put down anyone who doesn't exactly fit their demographic and/or might be smart enough to get ahead of them in this world. Prejudice has a place, i.e. - in filtering right from wrong, or basing good judgement on past experience, but your prejudice has no place in determining whether or not someone receives a signal or not. Have you ever violated a law in the United States such as exceeded the speed limit?

P.S. NASCAR is one of my favorite sports.
you used the words "idiosynchratic" "egocentric" and"anathema" , then you put a comma before the word "and"..
Self righteous?..I don't think so..Directv programming is intended for US viewers only..Any interception or reception of their signals outside the US and other authorized teritories is prohiibited by US law..Here's your Coke.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so forgive my stupidity. I live in the thumb of Michigan and I lose the Speed channel all the time. Zero single on trans 1 and 80-90 on trans 2. What does Canada have to do with this? Is there a window that the signal works within and am I on the edge of that window?
Hmm.. Perhaps you may have a dish alignment issue?..

I come here everyday for info. Trying to stay on top of things. What this thread has taught me is, if you have a specific question or need help, either look elsewhere or ask your question in fear of being stomped on. I hope this is not the standard.
You obviously don't read this forum that often..Generally speaking, people on here are very helpful. We try to pass on our knowledge and expertise..However if you post dopey questions that are in the form of a gripe about the industry or nit picky crap, you'll get less than desirable feedback,,If we suspect you of hacking, you'll get far less than desirable responses

You obviously don't read this forum that often..Generally speaking, people on here are very helpful. We try to pass on our knowledge and expertise..However if you post dopey questions that are in the form of a gripe about the industry or nit picky crap, you'll get less than desirable feedback,,If we suspect you of hacking, you'll get far less than desirable responses

Actually, I read these forums at least 3 times a week. I have seen you guys give a lot of help to a lot of people. Generally speaking, I've been real impressed with this site; that's why I was shocked on coming across this thread. The only person that tried to be helpful was jimbo. He showed a lot of class. I just didn't understand the rand by damaged. I know I'm a newbie here and I don't want to rock the boat too much, but this is what it looked like to me.
1. Guy says he's lost channel or channels
2. Trying to clarify he says he might be in a southern fringe area.
3. The wrath of god descends on his head.
4. Jimbo tries to smooth things over, but everybody says the OP is lying (why?)
5 OP says he found the problem was in his hardware

Was it just assumed this guy was out of the USA or is there evidence to that fact.

Was he also lying about the hardware fix?

I guess I just don't understand the issues, but even if he was lying somebody pointing out various possibilities under the assumption that he was telling the truth would have been a benefit to all.

Look, I like the site. It's been real helpful to me and I hope it continues to do so.

I just didn't find this thread very nice.

Maybe it is just me, but even IF the person is outside of the US. As long as they are a paying customer (there are brokers who will handle the paperwork) then I see nothing wrong with someone outside of the US watching US satellite service.

The big thing is if they are a paying sub or not.

And we all know that DTV is security is not compromised.

By the same merit, we don't know if they _are_ a paying customer, they may swear up and down that they ARE paying customers, but we really don't know, and that is not the issue at hand, the issue is that paying or not, it is STILL illegal for them to get signal outside the USA, paying customer or not, we know he is outside the US because if he was not, he would be on with D* demanding they fix it, and we know enough about posters that we get the use of the 'fringe' keyword, again we are not stupid, if you lost SpeedTV you would be calling D* and D* has to fix it, he came here because he knows he cannot call D*.

You can spin it anyway you want, but giving advice on this is supporting an illegal action, something this site is dead against, at least afaik.

even IF the person is outside of the US. As long as they are a paying customer (there are brokers who will handle the paperwork) then I see nothing wrong with someone outside of the US watching US satellite service.

You and others may not, but according to the DirecTV EULA, THEY deem it illegal and that alone makes it so.

Enough of all the bickering already. The OP was Outlier, and where did he ever come back to clear it all up? It was Port Austin that entered a separate posting deal within a thread that was already running. In there might lie the confusion or how things got out of hand a bit. So just drop it and walk away.

You and others may not, but according to the DirecTV EULA, THEY deem it illegal and that alone makes it so.

I agree !!! In our country you go to jail for stealing cable!!!Or satellite. Or stealing ANYTHING!!! So why can someone from some other country watch MY United States of America satellite tv for free?? Pay for it or leave my country the HE&# alone.:mad:

I don't want to bicker, I just don't understand.
OP said he lives in USA, he said he pays for "basic plus locals"
Last post said problem was hardware issue (i.e. dead multiswitch)

Why does everybody say he is stealing signals, not paying for service, etc

I ask for my own edification. Explain; I might learn something and as tragic as that could be, I think I could handle it. Thanks for your kindness

I don't want to bicker, I just don't understand.
OP said he lives in USA, he said he pays for "basic plus locals"
Last post said problem was hardware issue (i.e. dead multiswitch)

Why does everybody say he is stealing signals, not paying for service, etc

I ask for my own edification. Explain; I might learn something and as tragic as that could be, I think I could handle it. Thanks for your kindness

Post # 6 . He was caught. There is no need for a 6 foot dish in the usa,for Directv. These Treads are not a good place to Lie! You will always be caught!:eek:

Post # 6 . He was caught. There is no need for a 6 foot dish in the usa,for Directv. These Treads are not a good place to Lie! You will always be caught!:eek:

Good catch, I missed that, I knew the second I read, 'deep fringe', but this certainly is the clincher.

fwiw, charper's right, gonna drop this one.

OK. I will bow to your superior wisdom. I don't necessarily understand, but I will assume you guys are right. Won't say anything more.

Thanks all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts