Lots of signal on B and C, nada on A

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AC Lown

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 10, 2004
I had the "professional" installers (supplied by Best Buy) come to my house to install my DirecTV Multi-satelite dish. After several hours, they were unable to get any signal and left scratching their heads. They said that the line of sight "looks good", but they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. So, Best Buy sent a second set of installers out, who said that the place on my house where the first guys mounted it has no line of sight. However, they refused to move it to a different spot, saying that it is not covered under what they are required to do. So they left also.

After all of this, a friend of mine and I decided to move it ourselves and try to get it to work. The outcome is that we get 90% or higher on both Satelites B and C, but can't get ANYTHING on A. It seems hard to believe that a tree or some other obstruction could be just blocking one of the three. Any suggestions?

I would love to trade... If all I could get was A, I'd be happy.. I could have the NFL package and most of the channels I want.

As of tonight, we tried the dish in a new location. No trees or anything else blocking the view... We got 98% on Satellite B, 86% on Satellite C, and once again NOTHING on Satellite A. I went back to Best Buy and they swapped the LNB out for me.. Still, had the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one? It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me at all. How could two out of the three be so strong, and the other have no signal at all?

Make sure your receiver is set for a triple-LNB oval dish. I know that sounds stupid, but I have seen that be the problem before.

I was going to say the same thing, check you receiver settings, also check the "tilt" on the dish mount, and check to make sure the mast is absolutely plumb (vertical by using a level), these are critical to being able to "see" all three satellites in space at the same time. Since the old single sat dishes were so forgiving in the install process, some of us installers got kinda sloppy with the most basic parts of the install.

Tilt on the dish is very important. Check directv.com for the azimuth / tilt / elevation in your location and double check your dish to make sure your dish is set on or very close to these values.

I am having the same problem. I had a tree trimmed back and everything and it seems as though nothing is in the way. I have the NFL ticket also and I'm going to be really upset if I can never get the A.

Also, the tilt that shows to be recommended is much different from what the installer did. I tried to change it to what was recommended and I got nothing at all.

Any other suggestions?

I just had a similar problem but i could only get C. I set the all the coordinates to what D said and moved the dish until I got A. Once that was done all the rest came in without any problem. My tilt was good and elevation but the azimuth was way off. Just an FYI....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts