Low audio on HR21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmypop

Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Has anyone else had issues with the analog audio output being low? I have them run to an amp, but my other sources play super loud when I have to crank the volume up to watch TVs.

Is there something I can do to boost the output before it gets to my amp? I hope to make the sources more equal.

Does your receiver have optical inputs? I have a crappy Sony in my basement collecting dust that has optical. That would be your best route (digital) since it sounds like you do not have HDMI. If not - try changing the Audio options in the menu. Switch between DD on and off. See if that makes a difference.

What I have noticed is that the audio on HD channels appears to be lower than the audio on SD channels. This is through an HDMI connector directly to my TV. Its especially noticeable if you switch between the HD and SD version of the same channel.

Is this problem evident on SD channels as well as HD channels? If not, look to berck's answer. If so, you might try doing battle for a new receiver from DIRECTV. It is not adjustable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)