Low lnb signal level

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
Does anyone know why my QPH-31 is reading low all of a sudden? The signal level is reading in the 68-72% range. Since its low I cannot scan in any channels. Everything was working fine a few days ago. The only changes I made was I tweaked the dish via diseq1.2 move fine feature because I wanted to lock onto 83W. After I did that all my channels wouldn't come in. I would go to them then I would get no video/audio. So ever since Thursday I cannot lock in any channels. I even moved the elevation on the dish to see if that would fix anything it hasn't. I even tried both linear ports on the Lnb and its the same reading. I also factory resetted the coolsat 5000 it hasnt helped.

did you touch the dish in any way? (as in move the dish/motor assembly?)

I would check all connections.....highly unlikely its the LNB

weird. I only use Diseqc 1.2 and havent run into that issue

do you have another LNB you can try?

Do you have a switch of any kind in the line? I recently had to replace a troubled DiSEqC switch because it kept dropping signal momentarily for no apparent reason.

Do you have a switch of any kind in the line? I recently had to replace a troubled DiSEqC switch because it kept dropping signal momentarily for no apparent reason.

Nope running RG6 right from the lnb to the coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)