Low or no transponder levels...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stangman39

Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
A few years back I wasn't getting any signal or channels. Transponder levels were 0 or very low...39 or so. Had a non DTV tech come out and he replaced the LNB and everything was back to normal. Same type issues started about a week ago. I ordered a new LNB online and got it today.
Got signals back but still very low and can only see a few channels. Transponder levels are still low...39 or 49 at best. When I use the guide and press in a local channel...2 or 4...the guide usually auto goes to channel 100. The few times I can actually see channel 2 on the guide and I select it...when I got to channel 2 it brings up "searching for signal."

We had some rain last week and I lost the signal all together...next day it worked ok but over the past few days we didn't have any rain and it was warm and sunny (today it rained but I had no signal prior to today).

I'm guessing I'll need to pay a tech to come out again...but any ideas before I do?

Thanks,
Mike

First of all, you need to check every connection and as much cable as you can see for damage, corrosion, etc...

Then check that the mast is plumb and the footplate is still secure. Then check your dish alignment. You may also want to want to verify that your LOS is still clear.

Any chance a tree has grown out over the dish? Rain on leaves can cause them to hang lower and block signals.

I think you may just be out of alignment, try turning the dish 'very slightly' and slowly while watching the meter (or having someone tell you). Keep that old lnb - it may not be bad if the dish was just out of alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts